Some recipes just turn out better than expected, and this Whipped Vegan Caramel Mousse is one of them!
If you want to save a few bucks, use code: kellyk for any Georgia Grinder’s purchases! You know, only if ya want.
Now, to make this mousse, start by storing a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Then, add the almond butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil to a small microwave-safe bowl, and nuke it for about a minute or until the syrup starts to bubble.
Then, whisk the ingredients together, and place them in the fridge to cool. Once cooled, open the coconut milk, and remove the thick part. If you’re using sugar (I suggest you do), add it into the coconut milk, and whisk until combined. Keep whisking the mixture until the coconut milk starts to thicken and forms little peaks on the whisk.
To finish, stir in the cooled caramel (remember, it’s been chillin’ in the fridge), and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to eat! It’s seriously that easy. So, drop what you’re doing, and toss that coconut milk in the fridge for later. You won’t regret it.
Dying to tell everyone you made this recipe and loved it?? Don’t forget to share a picture and tag @thekellykathleen so that I can profess my love to you and re-share it for all to see!
Whipped Vegan Caramel Mousse
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk refrigerated
- 1 tbsp sugar optional*
- 1/2 cup almond butter I used Georgia grinders
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Place the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight to harden.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add the almond butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- Heat in the microwave for about a minute until the maple syrup starts to slightly bubble.
- Whisk the mixture together and place it in the fridge to cool.
- Once cooled, open your can of coconut milk and remove only the thick part placing it in a big bowl or the bowl of an electric mixture.
- If using sugar, add the sugar in with the coconut milk and start whisking.
- Whisk until the coconut milk starts to thicken and forms little peaks on the whisk.
- Light stir in the completely cooled caramel, and store the lovely mixture in your fridge until ready to eat!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!