This rice pudding will bring you nostalgic happiness but was whipped up with a little sprucing in mind!
Don’t we love a nostalgic recipe? This recipe is one of those for me. It was one of my dad’s favorite desserts and still to this day, when I think of him, I think of it. Isn’t it funny how memories work like that?
I decided I wanted to give rice pudding a go but I wanted to make it vegan and with a little sprucing up. You’ll find a few new goodies and unique spices that aren’t usually found in a classic rice pudding recipe. I also added a little bit of pea protein to make this a more rounded breakfast/snack/dessert or whatever you’d like to call it. Nuzest is my absolute favorite pea protein as it’s made with the most minimal ingredients and it doesn’t make me bloated.
Was that tmi? I figure we are all friends here so it doesn’t really matter. Plus, bloat is normal peeps. Especially with women!
So – back to the protein- you can omit or try using your preferred brand but since my heart belongs to Nuzest, that’s the one I used. If you choose to omit, this recipe still has plenty of protein from the cashew butter.
Georgia Grinders has the best cashew butter, hands down. I use their nut butters religiously for multiple reasons like they taste freaking amazing but also because they don’t contain added ingredients like sugar. Why the heck is it so hard to find sugar-less nut butters? Now, if it’s not a concern to you – go ahead and buy the $4.99 from Walmart. It actually tastes delish! But if you do care, Georgia Grinders is the way to go!
As always, I only recommend products I would fully stand behind. Since Nuzest is one of them – I have a code to share with you, my friends. THEKELLYKATHLEEN will save you 15% at checkout. Georgia Grinders is another company I could not recommend enough. When purchasing, feel free to use code KELLYK to save a percentage as well.
Dying to tell everyone you made this recipe and loved it?? Don’t forget to share a picture and tag @thekellykathleen so that I can profess my love to you and re-share it for all to see!
Vegan Rice Pudding
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup medium grain white rice
- 2-3 tbsp raisins you can omit if you want to lower the sugar even more but I wouldn't recommend.
- 2 tbsp cashew butter I like a no sugar added nut butter such as Georgia Grinders (code: kellky)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup plus more to taste// alt. use a sugar substitute plus more milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 1 scoop Vanilla Probiotic Nuzest Clean Lean Protein *can be omitted (code: thekellykathleen saves you 15%)
- Place all the ingredients except the optional butter in a small pot.
- Cook the rice over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until it starts to boil.
- Once boiling, drop the heat down to low and let the rice simmer for 20 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Serve with an additional splash of milk and little more cinnamon.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!