You guys, I have a confession. I can’t take credit for this recipe.
I mean, sure, I created it and dunked the bread, but the air fryer actually did all the work! Actually, if I didn’t know any better, I would say it was magic that made this meal.
Truly, this is one of the best French toast experiences I’ve ever had…and I’ve had a lot of French toast in my lifetime! Ready in 12 minutes, just waiting for it to cook is the hardest part about this recipe.
To make it, whisk all your ingredients together before dunking the bread and letting it soak. Then, line your air fryer with tin foil, give it a little spray of cooking oil, and cook your bread for 12 minutes while you stand drooling.
To finish it off, add whatever toppings float your boat! I went with maple syrup, a few banana slices, hemp seeds, and a dusting of powdered sugar. Really, though. There’s not much that wouldn’t go well on this, so feel free to go crazy! Just don’t forget to leave your air fryer one, because you’re definitely gonna want round two.
Dying to tell everyone you made this recipe and loved it?? Don’t forget to share a picture and tag @thekellykathleen so that I can profess my love to you and re-share it for all to see!
Vegan French Toast, air fryer style
- 2 slices of your favorite sourdough bread mine was gluten-free
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3-4 tbsp warm water
- 1 tsp melted coconut oil avocado oil, or melted butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Whisk all the ingredients together before dunking the bread into the mixture and letting it soak up all the gloriousness.
- Line your air fryer with tin foil and give it a little spray of cooking spray for good measure.
- Place your soaked bread on the tin and turn your air fryer on to 400 degrees F for 12 minutes.
- Try to impatiently wait while magic happens.
- Once done, top with whatever you please. I went with maple syrup, a few banana slices, hemp seeds, and a light sprinkle of powdered sugar for aesthetics.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!