Giant, soft, and stuffed full of Oreo cookies in every bite, these Vegan Cookies and Cream Cookies are perfectly chewy and out-of-this-world delicious. Whip up a double batch for a dessert the whole family will love!
Cookies and Cream Vs. Oreos….What’s the Difference?
Often used interchangeably, Cookies and Cream and Oreos are pretty much the same thing. The only difference is in the brand. You see, Oreo is trademarked by Nabisco as it is the name of their beloved chocolate and creme-filled cookies. Therefore, any recipe that does not use the official Oreo cookies is referred to as Cookies and Cream.
Vegan Ingredients You’ll Need
I’m all about simplicity, and these Cookies and Cream Cookies couldn’t have a shorter ingredient list if I tried! You can thank me later. First, double-check the ingredient list below to find everything you’ll need.
- Ground Flaxseed – When combined with water ground flaxseed becomes thick and gelatinous and can be used to replace eggs.
- Vegan Butter – Unsalted butter works best. No matter what you use, be sure it’s room temperature first!
- Granulated Sugar – Brown sugar contains too much moisture for this recipe.
- All-Purpose Flour – Easy to use, all-purpose flour helps create giant cookies that easily hold their shape.
- Baking Soda – This is the key to extra fluffy cookies!
- Salt – Salt is crucial to bring out the natural flavors of the other ingredients.
- Oreos – It wouldn’t be Cookies and Cream cookies without Oreos! However, if you prefer, any chocolate creme cookies can be used in their place.
How to Make The Cookies and Cream Cookies
My secret to creating the most delicious cookies you’ll ever taste is to create the dough from scratch. One bite, and you’ll never go back to the storebought versions again! Plus, this recipe is totally vegan. So, go ahead and eat the dough! You know you want to.
Making the Dough
- Whisk the flaxseed with 5 tablespoons of water, and let it sit to thicken for 5-10 minutes.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter sugar and sugar.
- Add the flax egg, and whisk to combine.
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients into the dough.
- Then, add in the chopped Oreos, and mix a final time.
Baking the Cookies
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the cookie dough into 6 sections.
- Roll each section into a ball.
- Place the dough balls on the cookie sheet, and place them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Cool, and enjoy!
Baking Tips and Tricks
This recipe is so easy, it’s basically failproof. However, I’ve developed a few tips to make them even better, and I’m willing to share them with you.
Don’t Overmix the Dough! Your dough will be very thick and look a little dry, but don’t worry! Just mix the ingredients until there are no longer lumps. If you overmix, you’ll end up with hard hockey-puck-like cookies, and nobody wants that!
Slightly Underbake. You’ll want to pull your Cookies and Cream cookies out of the oven before they look completely done. They’ll continue baking as they cool on the tray.
Create Smaller Cookies. If you aren’t a fan of giant, bigger than your head cookies I honestly can’t relate. However, you can easily divide the dough into 12 cookies instead of 6! Just be sure to keep an eye on them in the oven as the baking time is likely to vary.
Make Them In Advance. If you can refrain from eating it all at once, the cookie dough will stay fresh when covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. Or, store baked Cookies and Cream Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
More Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
For more family-favorite recipes, you won’t want to miss out on these cookies!
- For those times when you can’t decide between peanut butter and chocolate, these PB Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies are guaranteed to satisfy all your cravings!
- The perfect combination of sweet and salty in every bite, these White Chocolate Pistachio Cookies are guaranteed to please a crowd.
- With these Vegan Twix Cookies, you’ll never have to decide between having candy or cookies again. You can just have both!
- These Flourless Lemon Crinkle Cookies are a gluten-free, vegan, low-sugar recipe bursting with lemon flavor you’ll love.
Vegan Cookies n Cream Cookies
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp of ground flaxseed plus 5 tbsp of water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter room temp
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8-10 Oreos chopped into around 6 pieces each.
- Start by making you flax egg. In a small bowl, whisk together the ground flaxseed and water. Let this sit for 5-10 minutes until it thickens.
- While the flax egg is thickening, cream together the vegan butter and granulated sugar using an electric mixer.
- Add in the flax egg and whisk until combined.
- Next, you’ll add the remaining dry ingredients. Turn on your electric mixture to incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet. The dough will be very thick and look a little dry – make sure not to over mix!
- Now you’ll add the chopped Oreos and turn on your electric mixer once more. The cream from the Oreo should incorporate itself in the batter and help it combine.
- Grab a baking sheet and line it with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Roughly divide the batter into 6 sections and using your hands, roll each section into a cookie dough ball.
- Place each cookie dough ball onto the lined baking sheet. Once all six are done, place the cookie sheet in your refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill.
- While the dough is chilling or once the dough has chilled, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the cookies for 16-18 minutes. Once done, let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet and enjoy!