These gluten-free vegan muffins will remind you of a healthier version of the classic coffee cake!
Everyone has that one recipe that just makes them feel comforted. For me, coffee cake will always have such positive memories surrounding it. Why? Well, I grew up eating it. My mom would always buy one for me while she was grabbing her coffee from Starbucks and the obsession stuck! Unfortunately, those little guys are FULL of ingredients I try to stay away from.
Enter these Vegan Cinnamon Streusel Zucchini Mini Loaves (yes, that is a mouthful!). I really wanted to create something that reminded me of the classic but with a healthier spin. These completely fit the bill! I know exactly what is in them, no funky ingredients here! Plus, they are perfectly portioned in mini loaves so I don’t feel one ounce of guilt eating one or two. Or three, four or five either.
Let’s be honest, there shouldn’t be any food guilt anyway. YOU DO YOU!
Vegan Cinnamon Streusel Zucchini Mini Loaves
- 1/4 cup Cashew Butter
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil melted and cooled
- 1 Flax Egg //alt. use 1 real egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Stevia Blend //alt. coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup Zucchini shredded, partially drained and packed
- 1/2 cup Cassava Flour
- 1/2 cup Gluten-Free Oats
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Cassava Flour
- 2 tbsp Gluten-Free Oats
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Monk Fruit Sweetener
- pinch Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree F. Grease 6 mini loaf silicone molds (or a mini load baking pan) and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients until crumbly and set aside.
- With a handheld or standing mixer, stir the wet ingredients until well combined. About 2 minutes. Once combined, add the shredded and drained zucchini and stir once more.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir until incorporated. About 1 minute.
- Divide the mixture into the 6 mini molds. Top each loaf with 1/6th of the streusel mixture pressing lightly to ensure it sticks.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the center is no longer gooey.