This Treat is an anxiety reducing and healthier take on the classic Turtle candy! Made with only natural sugars and 6-ingredients, these bites are the perfect snack!
You know when you are feeling a little frazzled but also a little hangry but also confused on what’s happening in your life?
Well, I can’t help you on the last one but the first two? I GOT YOU!
These CBD candies are a healthier take on the classic. I whipped them up with only 6 ingredients and real talk? The hardest part is waiting for them to freeze.
I used Blue Ridge Hemp Dark Chocolate CBD infused coconut oil which is SO much fun to work with. You can use it just like you would coconut oil normally.
I’ve used it in:
- Baked goods
- Sautéed fruit over low heat to create chocolate covered *insert fruit here*
- Stirred into my coffee
- Added into my smoothies
- In this recipe that will change your life
If you haven’t read up on CBD… here’s the cliff notes straight from Blue Ridge Hemp website:
“Scientist have discovered there is one key component of the Cannabis Hemp plant that accounts for most of the plant’s natural health benefits. That component is Cannabidiol (CBD). CBD is classified as a phytocannabinoid, another more familiar phytocannabinoid is THC, the component of Cannabis that causes the “high” commonly associated with the plant. On the contrary, CBD is not psychoactive as well as not habit forming or addictive. CBD can be derived from Industrial Hemp, Cannabis plants grown to contain less than 0.3% THC, making it available to all Americans regardless of laws restricting Cannabis in their respective states.”
NO; you will not get high
YES; you will reap the monumental benefits that include but are not limited to reduced anxiety, joint pain, insomnia, ext.
AKA get yourself some CBD goodness and try this recipe! The good news is that if you would like to purchase some CBD coconut oil OR Ghee or one of their million other products- I’m about to save you some CASH! Click this money saving link and type in “ahealthyharmony” at checkout!
I REALLY hope you love this recipe as much as my family does! If you decide to make it, please do share your creation on Instagram by tagging #ahealthyharmony @ahealthyharmony. Your support means the world and I’d love to show you mine!
Vegan CBD Caramel Pecan Turtles
- 1/4 cup Blue Ridge Hemp Chocolate CBD Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp Sunflower Seed Butter *Divided
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 8 pitted Medjool Dates + hot water for soaking
- 20 whole Pecans
- Line a large plate or half baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, soak your dates in hot water for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the dates are soft (nearly falling apart), place them in your food processor* or high speed blender with the tablespoon of sunflower seed butter and a small splash of water.
- Process until smooth. You may need to scrape down the mixture a few times and add another small splash of water.
- On your parchment line plate, place generous teaspoon sized drops of the date sauce. Mine made 20 exactly. Place one pecan on each dollop and press down slightly.
- Freeze for 45-60 min or until nearly frozen solid.
- While the date sauce and pecans are freezing, start on the CBD chocolate.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the sunflower seed butter and coconut oil, whisking together until fully combined. About 2-3 minutes.
- Take the sauce pan off the heat and whisk in the coconut flour and cocoa powder.
- Place the sauce pan in the freezer for 15 minutes or until the mixture becomes cool but not solid.
- Once the date sauce/pecans are frozen and the CBD chocolate is cooled, it's time to dip them. Fully emerge pecans into the CBD chocolate and place them back onto the parchment line plate.*
- Place them in the fridge to set completely before enjoying!