Who needs store-bought donuts when you can make your own in under 15 minutes using only healthy ingredients?
Donuts have a bad stigma around them.
- Always involves a nasty sugar crash
- Leaves you feeling lethargic and crummy
- Really hard to make
I use to be a donuts hater! Seriously, those little bites of fluffy goodness intimidated the heck out of me. The stigma around food can be enough to talk you out of enjoying the little things in life.
Well, NOT ANYMORE! I’m determined to create healthier versions of sweet treats. I’m a firm believer that no treat should have a bad wrap. Starting with these donuts!
NO Refined Sugar
NO GUILT….BECAUSE THERE NEVER SHOULD BE! Do yourself a favor and release any guilt associated with food. Food is meant to nourish not only our physical needs but our mental needs as well. Essentially, chocolate is good for the soul mmk? Don’t deprive yourself of the good stuff.
Vegan Blender Chocolate Hazelnut Donuts
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed Meal
- 3 tbsp Water
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter //alt us any nut or seed butter
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk I used my Ellie's Best nut bag to make my own!
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 small Banana Extra Ripe! (85g)
- 3/4 cup Hazelnut Flour
- 6 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Chocolate Glaze (Optional)
- 1/4 cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a mini donuts pan (or regular) with cooking spray and set aside/
- Throw everything into your high speed blender and blend until combined- about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour a tablespoon of the batter into each mold. Mine gave me about 14 donuts.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Mine took 9 minutes exactly.
- Eat right away or let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 tsp coconut oil. Heat for 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir well before heating again in 15 second increments until completely melted. Mine took 45 seconds to melt.
- Dip, drizzle or spoon until your heart's contentment.
I know you will love these donuts as much as my family did. They were a blast to create with my kids! If you do, make sure to tag @ahealthyharmony #ahealthyharmony on Instagram so that I can show you my appreciation!