This easy granola comes together in less than 25 minutes and is packed full of brain healthy fats and anti-inflammatory spices.
I freaking love granola. It’s crispy, crunchy, slightly sweet and packed full of hardy goodness. I hope I’m not alone in this because awkwarrrrd.
Granola can kind of get a bad wrap because of all the added sweeteners creating excess sugars and the use inflammatory oils. Plus, with the all the recent media attention regarding contaminated grains, I figure it would be the perfect time to prove that granola doesn’t have to be a sugar bomb AND still taste good.
This recipe doesn’t use any inflammatory oils and BONUS: I used an anti-inflammatory spice blend from Further Food (ahealthyharmony saves you at checkout) that is well…. anti-inflammatory. I know, I have a way with words.
Best part? only 1/3 cup of maple syrup is used to sweeten this recipe! You are getting a minimal amount of sugar when you take into account how much gf grains, seeds and nuts are used.
AKA, you CAN have your granola and eat it too.
I REALLY hope you love this recipe as much as my family does! If you decide to make it, please do share your creation on Instagram by tagging #ahealthyharmony @ahealthyharmony. Your support means the world and I’d love to show you mine!
Turmeric Trail Mix Granola
- 2 cup Gluten-Free Oats
- 3/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Almonds slivered
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed Meal
- 1 tbsp Bee Pollen
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Further Foods Turmeric Tonic //alt use 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients expect for the wet ones and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the coconut oil and maple syrup over low heat, whisking occasionally. Once combined, turn off the heat and add the vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ones and stir until all the dry ingredients are wet. Alternatively you could place the ingredients in a container with a lid and shake until well combined.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread out the granola in a thin even layer. Make sure the granola is touching each other, you don't want any gaps!
- Bake for 20 minutes without shaking the pan!
- Pull the granola out and let it cool completely before moving it to ensure the clusters.