These healthy no sugar added donuts are the perfect snack, dessert or even breakfast!
I’ve been on a mission to top my first doughnut recipe ever since I made it a few months back. You know, the Vegan Blender Chocolate Hazelnut Donuts. The ones that are all sorts of life changing.
I think my work here is done.
It’s never going to be done. Making doughnut recipes are just way too much fun. Actually, making all these recipes are too much fun.
There is something to be said about doing something you love every single day. Creating recipes and typing up blog posts. More importantly, interacting with people who I would never in a million years be able to if it wasn’t for the interwebz…. yeah, it’s pretty dang fulfilling.
Happiness has an odd way of filling cracks that you never knew you had. I won’t get on my soapbox but if you haven’t done something that makes you happy today, what are you waiting for?
In case you are wondering, these donuts will make you happy. Pinky promise.
They were made with zero added sugars, grains and oils. I used heavenly creamy tahini which gives them a flavor profile like none other. Words for the wise… not all tahini brands are created equally! I like to use Soom tahini ( I love it so much it’s on my Pantry Staples Page).
I’d be doing a disservice to the dates if I didn’t give them a mention. They practically melt into little balls of caramel like bites throughout each doughnut.
Honestly, I’ve talked enough. If you want to add a little happy into your life… these doughnuts will do the trick!
If you decide to make this or one of my many other recipes, please do share your creation on Instagram by tagging #ahealthyharmony @ahealthyharmony. Your support means the world to me and I’d love to show you mine!
Tahini Date Donuts
- 1 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1/2 cup Dairy-Free Milk
- 4 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 medjool Dates *finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Maple Caramel Almond Butter I used Georgia Grinders //alt use any nut or seed butter
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease your mini donuts pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer, add all the ingredients except for the finely chopped dates. Stir until just combined. Add the dates and stir once again.
- Spoon generous tablespoon size balls of batter into each mold. There should be just enough batter to fill the 12 mini molds.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until they start to turn golden. Mine were done at 13 minutes.
- Let the donuts cool completely in the pan before removing them and glazing!
- To make the glaze: heat the coconut oil and almond butter in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Dip, drizzle or spoon the glaze on the donuts. Sprinkle them with a little sea salt and enjoy!