This subtly sweet bread is similar to a classic cinnamon roll but without the added effort of rolling!
What is pull apart bread?
Pull apart bread is exactly what it sounds – a delicious bread, full of layers and flavors that you simply pull apart to eat!
How do you make pistachio pull apart bread?
It tastes some time but the process is extremely simple.
The first step is to make the dough but spoiler alert, you can buy premade dough at the store. Simply head to the deli section of your grocery store and you’ll find fresh dough at the ready.
Once you have your dough sorted, you’ll layer on the ingredients and cut the dough into rough squares.
You’ll fold those squares in half and layer the spares into your loaf pan then bake. It’s as simple as that!
Looking for variations? Try This:
Add orange zest and cranberries, almonds instead of pistachios or even a chocolate spread would be nice!
If you’re not feeling the sweet side of life – why not try making a savory bread? Adding vegan cheese and herbs would be fantastic. OH, pesto anyone?
Try these other recipes:
Sweet Pistachio Pull Apart Bread
- 2 tsp fast acting yeast
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup neutral oil or melted butter
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cp chopped pistachios
- Steps 1-3 can be done in a bread machine!
Start by making the dough –
- In a small bowl, the yeast, sugar and warm water together and let sit for about 5 minutes. In the bowl of your electric mixture, pour the yeast mixture in along with the remaining dough ingredients. Using the hook (or paddle) attachment, beat on low speed for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- If your electric mixture can handle it, let the hook attachment knead the dough for about 3-4 minutes. If not, turn the dough out onto a floured surface and start kneading the dough with your hands. The dough will be ready when it’s no longer sticky and when you poke it, the dough should go pack into place. If it’s not there yet, knead for an addition 1-2 minutes.
- Put the dough back in the electric mixer bowl and cover it with a towel. Let it rise and double in size for 90 minutes.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, punch it down and turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
Form the bread-
- Prep a bread pan with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Shape the dough using your fingers or a rolling pin into a rectangle that is roughly 9×12.
- In a small bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread that mixture all over the dough before sprinkling on the chopped pistachios.
- Cut the rectangle into 8 even squares. You are now going take one square and fold it onto itself to ‘sandwich’ the filling inside. Transfer your dough sandwich to your prepared loaf tin put the seem side up (you’ll want to see the filling!)
- Repeat with the remaining 7 squares, really tucking them in tight in the loaf pan.
- Once done, cover the bread with a towel and let it sit on your counter while you preheat the oven to 350 degrees F – or for around 20 to 30 minutes.
- After the time has elapsed, it’s time to bake your bread for around 40 minutes. The edges will look dark but the center will be perfect.
- Drizzle your bread with a sugar glaze or eat as is.