I would be lying if I told you my love affair with popcorn doesn’t run strong. I know corn can kind of get a bad wrap but personally? I give zero cares.
If you love something, you should eat it. No guilt or concern attached. Of course I am a big believer in moderation. I’m not going to go ham on ten cups of popcorn. My digestion would be a mess but I’ve learned over the years that restricting any food group from my diet would be a huge mistake! I mean, other than dairy because my whole existence turns into a mess when I consume that stuff.
Alright, this recipe list is so short that it’s shocking. Or not shocking? I don’t really know. All I do know it that it’s GOOD. No mile lost nasty ingredient list here. It’s simple. Less than 5 ingredients and incredibly adaptable.
Pumpkin spice popcorn today can easily turn into mint chocolate popcorn tomorrow. Simply switch up the ingredients and you have a whole knew snack to enjoy!
IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THIS OR ONE OF MY MANY OTHER RECIPES, PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR CREATION ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #AHEALTHYHARMONY @AHEALTHYHARMONY. YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME AND I’D LOVE TO SHOW YOU MINE!
Sugar and Spice Popcorn
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Non GMO Popcorn Kernel
- Pinch of Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Clove
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Coconut Sugar (optional)
- 1-2 tsp Nut or Seed Butter (optional) * I used pumpkin spice nut butter
- In a large pot with a lid, add the popcorn kernels and coconut oil. Turn your stove onto medium high hit and cover the pot with it's lid.
- Cook the kernel to their packaged directions.
- Once all the kernels are popped, quickly add in the rest of the spices, salt and sugar (if using) into the pot. Shake once more before pouring it out into a medium sized bowl and drizzling with nut butter.