Warm up your winter nights with this Vegan Spiced Pear and Apple Cobbler. This one-bowl wonder requires just 10 ingredients, promising a cozy, fruity embrace in every bite. Perfectly sweet, spiced, and topped with tender biscuits, it’s a comforting dessert that embodies the spirit of the cozy season.
As the cooler weather arrives, my kitchen comes alive with the aromas of seasonal bakes. One recipe that has become a cherished part of my winter ritual is this Vegan Spiced Pear and Apple Cobbler. The symphony of sweet apples, juicy pears, and warming spices makes this cobbler a celebration of the cooler month’s fruit!
The process of creating this cobbler is not just about baking; it’s about infusing the kitchen with the essence of the season. As I core and slice the apples and pears, a sense of anticipation fills the air. The mixture of organic brown sugar, arrowroot starch, cinnamon, and nutmeg forms a fragrant concoction that promises a perfect balance of sweetness and spice.
In my one-bowl creation, the biscuit dough comes together effortlessly, a testament to the simplicity that defines this recipe. The cold vegan butter adds a flaky texture to the biscuits, while the cold vegan milk binds everything together. As the cobbler bakes, the tantalizing aroma wafts through the house, creating an irresistible invitation to gather around the table and savor the warmth of winter.
Why you’ll love this vegan pear and apple cobbler recipe:
- Seasonal Splendor: The combination of apples and pears captures the essence of winter, making this cobbler a perfect dessert for the colder months.
- One-Bowl Wonder: With just one bowl and minimal prep, this recipe is a breeze to whip up, allowing you to focus on enjoying the cozy moments of winter.
- Vegan Delight: Embrace the plant-based goodness without compromising on flavor or texture. This cobbler is a testament to the fact that vegan desserts can be just as indulgent.
- Versatile Toppings: Serve it warm with a dollop of vegan vanilla ice cream or a swirl of whipped topping for the ultimate winter treat.
- Optionally Gluten-free: This recipe is easily gluten-free when swapping your favorite gluten-free all purpose flour!
Variations and Add-Ins:
While this Vegan Winter Pear and Apple Cobbler is a star on its own, feel free to get creative and add your personal touch. Here are some ideas:
- Nutty Crunch: Incorporate chopped pecans or walnuts into the biscuit dough for an added layer of crunch.
- Citrus Zest: Enhance the flavor profile by adding a teaspoon of orange or lemon zest to the cobbler filling for a citrusy twist.
- Cozy Spices: Experiment with additional spices like cardamom or ginger to tailor the cobbler to your preferred flavor palette.
Recipes Like This:
If you’re a fan of this winter cobbler, consider exploring these recipes for more delightful seasonal desserts:
- Pear Hand Pies
- Pistachio Pull Apart Bread
- White Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
- Vegan Caramel Apple Scones
- Vegan Puff Pastry Apple Turnover Recipe
Leave A Review and Connect With Me:
I hope this Vegan Winter Pear and Apple Cobbler becomes a staple in your seasonal festivities. If you try this recipe, please leave a review and share your winter baking adventures. Connect with me on Instagram and Pinterest for more recipes and glimpses into the heart of my winter kitchen. Here’s to creating cozy memories and savoring the simple joys of winter!
Spiced Pear and Apple Cobbler
- 2 cups (240 g) apples , cored and sliced
- 2 cups (240g) pears , cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup (100 g) organic brown sugar
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
Vegan Sweet Biscuits-
- 1 1/2 cups (180 g) all-purpose flour , alt.use gluten-free all purpose
- 1/4 cup (50 g) organic granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 g) organic brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 5 tbsp (56 g) vegan butter, cold
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) vegan milk, cold
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease an 8×8 casserole dish. Set aside.
Prepare the cobbler filling:
- Place the sliced fruit into the casserole dish. Add in the remaining ingredients for the cobbler filling and toss to evenly coat the fruit with the spices. Set aside.
Make the biscuit dough:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and sea salt. Add in the cubed vegan butter, and use a pastry cutter or a fork to cut the butter into the flour mixture until you achieve a sand-like texture. Then add in the vegan milk and vanilla extract, and use a fork to fold the vegan milk into the flour mixture until you achieve a wet dough. Be careful not to over mix the dough. You’ll mix it just until there are no obvious flour clumps.
Top the fruit:
- Spoon globs of biscuit dough on top of the fruit to create the cobbler.
Bake the cobbler:
- Place the casserole dish into the oven to bake for 45 minutes. Remove the cobbler from the oven, and allow the cobbler to cool for 15 minutes.
Serve the cobbler:
- serve the cobbler with scoops of vegan vanilla ice cream or whipped topping and enjoy!
- store any leftovers in an airtight container and in the fridge for up to 5 days.