This healthy gluten-free and dairy-free bundt cake is full of all the cozy fall feels while still being low in sugar!
There are a few things in this world that remind me of Fall. The chill in the air, the leaves turning, pumpkins sprouting, apple picking…. and ALL the cozy spiced goods.
This recipe is combining two of my favorite fall things! Apples and warm spices. Essentially, this cake makes you feel like you are getting a big hug.
You get a hug. You get a hug. EVERYONE GETS A HUG!
I combine three slices that everyone has in their pantry:
Cinnamon- antioxidant rich, anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic and immunity-
Nutmeg- antioxidant rich, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and high in manganese, iron, potassium and vitamin B
Ginger- antioxidant rich, anti-inflammatory and a great antidote to indigestion, bloating, and nausea
I could write an entire post on the health benefits of these three spices (maybe one day I will?) but can we just agree these three spices are natures gold?
Paired with the apples… HUG! Big. Dang. Hug.
Without the glaze, this bundt cake only has sugars from half a small apple. That’s IT folks!
Personally, I liked it without the glaze. I paired it with plain yogurt, a liiiiittle (lot a bit) of cashew butter and ate it as a low sugar/protein packed breakfast.
My sweets loving sweetie…. he preferred the glaze. It’s completely up to you and your liking!
I REALLY hope you love this recipe as much as my family does! If you decide to make it, please do share your creation on Instagram by tagging #ahealthyharmony @ahealthyharmony. Your support means the world to me and I’d love to show you mine!
Spiced Apple Bundt Cake
- 2 whole Eggs //sub flax eggs
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil melted and cooled
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 tsp Monk Fruit add 1-2 tsp if you like things sweet
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 3 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Pinch of Ginger
- 1/2 small Gala Apple 1/3-1/2 cup chopped
(Optional) Cinnamon Sugar Glaze
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Dairy Free Milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray your bundt pan with cooking spray and lightly sprinkle with flour. (I used cassava) *See notes
- In a standing mixer or large bowl, add the wet ingredients and whisk until combined and slightly fluffy. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the dry ingredients to the wet (except for apples). Stir just until the dry is incorporated into the wet.
- Pour half of the batter into your prepared bundt pan. Shake the pan to get the air bubbles out before sprinkling the diced apples over the batter.
- Using a spatula or your hand, lightly press the apples down into the batter. Pour the rest of the batter onto the apples and lightly shake again.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until it turns golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Wait 20-30 minutes before turning the cake over onto a cooling rack to finish cooling fully.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the ingredients until they are nice and smooth. Pour over the bundt cake and keep in the fridge. It will last for 4-5 days but it is best within the first 3!