Don’t run off because I deemed this deliciousness high protein.
*waits patiently for you to come back*
Some recipes get a bad rap because they are high protein- they lack flavor, proper texture and may just be a little too healthy for some taste buds. This recipe, this recipe shouldn’t be one of them! We’re talking clustered granola that is high in taste and even higher in simplicity.
For this recipe I used collagen which I know is not my typical protein of choice. Lately (the last month?) I’ve been using it daily in my coffee and I have been able to notice a massive difference in my hair and nail strength. I decided it was due time for me to start incorporating it into my recipe as well.
Ancient Nutrition is my collagen of choice BUT there are plenty of different collagen brands out there. I like this brand because they have plain and flavored collagen. Personally, the plain is my favorite but for this recipe, I decided to spice things up and use one of their flavored collagen powders- chocolate! (PS: I originally tested this recipe with their S’mores flavored collagen but since it’s seasonal, I tried it with chocolate as well with great success!)
Any doodles- I got the idea for a “high protein” granola when I was at the grocery store and my eye caught a green package that was advertising protein oats and honey granola. I instantly was hunger… which is actually not saying much. I picked up the bag and perused the ingredients.
HOLY YIKES. Okay, not really, the ingredients weren’t awful like most granolas are. Here’s what they were:
Whole Grain Oats, Sugar, Soy, Protein Isolate, Honey, Rice Starch, Soy Lecithin, Salt, Baking Soda, Natural Flavor (mixed tocopherols) added to preserve freshness
We can do better. And we did! I bring you delicious AF granola that uses ingredients I can actually pronounce… which is saying a lot.
PPS: I picked out all the marshmallows when eating mine. I thought it was sweet enough without them AND I couldn’t find marshmallows with ingredients that weren’t going to make me go bat sh*t crazy. Personally, I think the granola by itself is pretty dang good.
IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THIS OR ONE OF MY MANY OTHER RECIPES, PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR CREATION ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #AHEALTHYHARMONY @AHEALTHYHARMONY. YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME AND I’D LOVE TO SHOW YOU MINE!
S’mores Clustered Granola (High Protein)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup optional (I thought it was a little sweet)
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 cups Gluten-Free Oats
- 1/4 tsp Salt optional but needed if you pb isn’t salted
- 1 1/2 servings Ancient Nutrition S’mores Collagen
- 1/4 cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Mini Marshmallows
- preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, heat the maple syrup, peanut butter and coconut oil in the microwave until all the ingredients are melted. Whisk together.
- Add in the oats, collagen (and salt, if using). Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture onto your prepared baking dish and flatten it out into a nice even layer. Make sure everything is touching!
- Bake for 20 minutes. Pull it out and forget out it! Do NOT touch until the pan is completely cooked.
- Break it apart into big clumps before adding the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Store in an airtight container up to a week.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!