This crunchy granola recipe is a great base for anything that your granola craving mind could imagine!
Who doesn’t love a good crunchy granola recipe? These days, most bagged granola in our super markets are packed with extra ingredients that everyone could do without. Whether it’s extra sugar, a binder or just too many ingredients…. some companies really need to learn that less is more!
This granola only has 5-7 ingredients (some are optional!) which in my opinion is the perfect amount! Instead of giving our stomachs a bunch of different things to digest, it can focus on processing only a few. Therefore, less ingredients equals a happier gut.
The key to making a really crunchy granola is to actually ignore it. The more you mess with it the less time it has to cluster. We want clusters people! I’ve had to learn the hard way to not stir, flip or shake the pan. In fact, when it comes out of the oven…. just leave the house. I promise, the temptation will be too great!
Simple Cluster Granola
- 2 cups Old Fashion Oats gluten free
- 3/4 cup Almonds slivered
- 3/4 cup Almonds roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Salt optional
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2-1 tbsp Vanilla Extract //based off personal preference (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with either a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or container, combine all the dry ingredients.
- In a small skillet over medium high heat, add the coconut oil and maple syrup making sure to whisk the ingredients until fully combined. Take the mixture off the heat and add in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients. If using a big bowl, stir until all the ingredients are well incorporated (~3-5 minutes). If using a container, pop the lid on a shake until well incorporated. (preferred method!)
- Once the oats are ready, spread them out on your prepared baking sheet in a flat layer. Make sure to leave no grabs in the oats!
- Bake for 18-22 minutes WITHOUT stirring! Mine took 20 minutes exactly.
- Once the oats are fragrant and golden, remove them from the oven without shaking the pan and IGNORE them! Let them cool completely before breaking the granola into clusters.