Who else grew up on PB&J sandwiches??? Well… it just got an upgrade.
Instead up whipping up a sandwich, we simply (but not simply because it’s genius) baked the peanut butter and jelly INTO the bread.
Yup, I went there.
I really can’t take all the credit. This combo has been around for so long that there are a million different variations on the interwebz. I CAN, however, take credit for this loaf being delicious AF.
Before we get ahead of ourselves, for this recipe I used one of my other recipes. I used my 3-Ingredient Blueberry Jam to create this masterpiece but swapped out a few key ingredients:
-Instead of the blueberries – I used 2 cups of frozen raspberries
-Instead of date syrup – I used honey (I KNOW, not all vegans use honey. Use maple syrup if honey isn’t in your diet)
That’s it! My jam recipe can be made in about ten minutes but it does need to cool COMPLETELY to be used in this PB&J bread so plan your time accordingly.
Of course, if there’s a jam that you rather use, use that instead! All I care about is that this bread makes it into your life ASAP!
IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THIS OR ONE OF MY MANY OTHER RECIPES, PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR CREATION ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #AHEALTHYHARMONY @AHEALTHYHARMONY. YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME AND I’D LOVE TO SHOW YOU MINE!
Peanut Butter Cup Banana Bread Bars
- 3 medium Bananas mashed *about 275g
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax
- 1 cup Peanut Butter + extra for topping //alt use any nut or seed butter
- 2-4 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 4-6 mini Dairy-Free Peanut Butter Cups chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In your electric mixture, stir together all of the ingredients except for the extra pb and the peanut butter cups until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into your prepared baking dish. Top the batter with spoonfuls of peanut butter and the chopped up peanut butter cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. You’ll want a toothpick to come out clean!
- Let it cool completely before removing it from the pan.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!