These Paleo, low sugar, and vegan friendly lava cakes are a healthy twist on the original!
Sometimes you just REALLY need some chocolate. You know? I love this version of lava cake because it’s actually healthy! No added junk, just the good stuff. You can rest assured that when you are eating one of these, there’s not going to be any processed sugar, gluten, dairy or egg. Just the basics, kind of like nature intended things to be!
I hope you love these lava cakes as much as I did. If you try the recipe, tag @ahealthyharmony #ahealthyharmony on Instagram so that I can show you some love!
Paleo Dark Chocolate Lava Cake
- 1 small Banana
- 2 Flax Eggs 2 tbsp ground Flax, 6 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Honey if vegan, use maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut OIl melted, cooled
- 1 cup Cassava
- 1/2 cup Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- pinch Cardamon (optional)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/3 100% Dark Chocolate Bar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease your mini bundt pan or large muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients until no big chunks of banana are left.
- Next, add the dry ingredients (except for the milk and chocolate). Slowly start mixing the dry ingredients into the wet. The batter will be thick!! While the mixer is running, add in the coconut milk by 1/4 cup increments. I used an entire cup but you might need less. The batter will still be thick but you should be able to pour it.
- Fill 5 bundt molds 1/3 of the way full with batter. On top of the batter, evenly disperse the chopped up chocolate. Add the rest of the batter on top of the chopped chocolate and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- After baking, let them cook for 15-20 minutes before flipping them out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.