These Paleo Blueberry Pistachio Bars are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast, quick snack or sweet treat!
I had absolutely no intention of making these beautiful fluffy bars but I am so glad that I did! I was taking a self care day which meant the oven was on before the sun was up. After 35 minutes, my house was smelling like sugar, spice and everything nice and my self care day had started off on the right foot! Since then I’ve made them multiple times because they are THAT good!
As the name suggests, these bars are grain-free, refined sugar free and dairy-free! They are high in protein + healthy fats which make them the perfect bar to quiet your hunger cues and keep you satisfied for a long time.
It’s a well known fact that blueberries are full of antioxidants but did you know that pistachios are high in them too? In fact, pistachios have the third highest amount of antioxidants in the nuts and seeds family. In case you didn’t know, antioxidants play a crucial role in preventing cell damage which essentially mean these bars will keep you from getting sick.
It’s a proven fact. Just don’t quote me.
I hope you love these fluffy cake like bars as much as I do. If you make them, make sure to tag #ahealthyharmony on Instagram and let me know what you think!
Paleo Blueberry Pistachio Bars
- 1 medium Banana
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter /alt. any nut or seed butter
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil (soft, not melted)
- 2 tbsp Honey /alt. maple syrup
- 11/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Pistachios (roughly chopped), reserving a few for the top
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine all the dry ingredients except the blueberries and pistachios.
- In a standing mixer, beat together the wet ingredients until well combined.
- Once combined, slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer and beat until just combined ~ about a minute.
- Using a hand utensil, stir in the blueberries and pistachios (reserving a few for the top).
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish, top with reserved pistachios and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing the bars from their baking dish.
- Cut into 12-16 bars and enjoy!