These little cuties are going to be your latest snack obsession! They are gooey, chocolate filled bites of deliciousness that hold a hint of orange flavor. They kind of remind of of those chocolate oranges you get around the holiday season but way less intense.
Am I the only one that thinks they’re intense? Because THEY ARE. The best part about them was being able to crack them open but after that they’re joy was short lasted. Maybe I’m being a little harsh? I don’t know. I’m only seeing heart eyes for these Orange Chocolate Muffins.
I used one of my favorite chocolate brands to get the orange flavor. Theo Chocolate has SO many amazing flavors and combos. I couldn’t help myself and had to use my latest obsession! The Orange Chocolate bar gives these muffins a special twist. So many different bars would be great in these muffins as well. The Turmeric Spice, Cherry Almond, Ginger, and the Black Rice Quinoa Crunch are all going to happen in my life as soon as I can get my hands on them.
For now I’ll
settle LIVE for these muffins!
IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THIS OR ONE OF MY MANY OTHER RECIPES, PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR CREATION ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #AHEALTHYHARMONY @AHEALTHYHARMONY. YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME AND I’D LOVE TO SHOW YOU MINE!
Orange Chocolate Muffins
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil melted, room tempature
- 1/2 cup Dairy-Free Milk room temp
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Orange Extract
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar //alt. use honey
- 1 1/4 cup Oat Flour
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour //alt. use all oat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips
- 2 squares Orange Theo Chocolate Bar chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin pan with non stick cooking spray or line your cups with silicone liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (coconut oil- coconut sugar).
- Add in the dry ingredients (except for chopped chocolate) to the wet and stir to incorporate.
- Fill 8 cupcake liners about 2/3 full with the muffin batter. Once they are all filled, sprinkle the chopped chocolate on top.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. Mine were perfect at 15 minutes.
- Let them cool for 20-30 minutes in the muffin tin before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.