How the heck is October already gone? I am not ready to let Fall go! The long outside walks in the perfect temperature. The leaves changing colors. The animals hustling to get ready for winter.
*insert all the tears*
But since I don’t want to just mope about, I thought I would share with you some of the things that I was loving last month…. and still am! Now, there is a little food, some clothes and some health related things but there is no rhyme or reason to these picks. I mean, other than the fact that I used the crap out of every single one of them last month.
1. Soom Tahini: Soom tahini isn’t new around these parts but this last month I’ve gone through more jars than I care to admit. When you find something you love, you stick with it. It’s easy to pour, tastes great and there’s no added junk. The best part? The company is amazing. I’d highly recommend adding some Soom Tahini to your life!
2. Non-Dairy Pumpkin Spice Creamer: Before you throw me to the wolves, this isn’t something that I consume on the daily. I like to make my own creamer that’s free of added ingredients but sometimes you want to be lazy. It’s called balance friends! In these times, I turn to Nut Pods creamer. They actually have a few other flavors that I like but in October, I was obsessed with the Pumpkin Spice. Can you blame a girl?
3. Pumpkin Pie Spice: All the Basic B’s can rejoice with this stuff. I use this spice in EVERYTHING. Coffee, baked goods, candied nuts….even on squash. Yes, I put squash spice on squash. I realize the irony. Along with EBTB (Everything But The Bagel) seasoning from Trader Joe’s, this seasoning is my favorite!
4. UGG Moccasin Slippers: I dabbled with adding these to the list because they are a little pricey but a good pair of slippers and in my opinion, they are completely worth the cost. GUYS… I’m obsessed! Everyone needs a great pair of slippers. These ones keep your ankles warm. Do I need to say anymore? I feel like these speak for themselves.
5. Long t-shirt Dress: Literally just 10 bucks, you really can’t beat it. I’m always on the hunt for long sleeve shirts that cover my toosh. #momlife Plus, a long t-shirt means you can wear athletic gear and still pull off the put together look. All you need to add is some UGG slippers and you’re good to go!… Back to bed, you’re good to go back to bed.
6. Tunic Top: Every girl needs a cute t-shirt mmk? This one is buttery soft and has a reasonable price point of only 20 dollars.
7. Beekeepers Natural Propolis Spray: Legit life saver! Alright, that might be a bit dramatic. However, this last month has been a doozy in my household with colds, this stuff saved us. Are you kind of lost on what this stuff actually is? That’s okay, I was too! Propolis is this brownish substance that bees collect from trees and bushes to essentially smear on their hive. It helps to repair and maintain it but it also has some pretty snazzy health benefits. It has anti-fungal properties and some studies show that it actually helps speed up cell growth.
8. Magnesium Supplement: I am not a doctor nor will I ever say anyone should take a supplement BUT magnesium is one that I think most people are deficient in. If you have any of these symptoms on the regular, it could be a sign of deficiency: brain fog, fatigue, muscle weakness, glucose management, headaches mood changes, muscle twitches. Magnesium is SO important for the female body. It is a factor in detoxing estrogen from the body aka it helps women with PCOS and hormonal imbalances. I started taking magnesium for my hormone imbalance and quickly realized my headaches, brain fog, mood changes and fatigue were suddenly better. Like I said, I’m not doctor but if you are experiencing a hormonal imbalance or any of the above symptoms, I’d talk to your doctor about magnesium!
9. Mini Donuts Pan: Hey, donuts addict here. I have four recipes for different types of donuts on my website and I don’t see me stopping anytime soon. I love big ‘ole donuts but for whatever reason, mini donuts are the way to my heart. Maybe it’s because I can eat 10 and rationalize that it was really like one…. one really big…. huge…. gigantic donut. Alright, you get the point. I like donuts! A mini donuts pan is always really fun to have in the kitchen and this one is really reasonably priced!
10. Cast Iron Skillet: Get one. There is not explanation. Just DO IT. I’ve been using cast iron skillets for ever but I didn’t actually start exclusively using them until last month. I now have 5 and I am never going back. I used to have a beef with them because my food always stuck to the bottom, they were a pain to clean and so dang heavy! Honestly?
Not much has changed They are worth it regardless. I’ve learned that a really well oiled skillet is key, cooking food with patience helps and a little extra arm workout never hurt no body. There is a lot out there on the negative health effects of non-stick and while I TOTALLY believe in to each their own, cast iron cooking is the choice for me!