These Mini Pumpkin Spice Sweet Rolls come together with just 2 ingredients for a simple breakfast or dessert perfect for fall. Topped with a sweet glaze, they’re loaded with pumpkin, spice, and everything nice!
What Is A Sweet Roll?
Honestly, sweet rolls come in all kinds of shapes, sizes, and flavors. However, no matter what, they are always a type of yeast-leavened roll or bun that is sweet and baked in the oven. In addition, sweet rolls recipes may contain any variety of spices, nuts, candy, fruits, and more. Really, the world is your oyster with sweet rolls. However, for this version, we embraced the fall season and went with pumpkin spice! Trust me, they’ll have you coming back for seconds and thirds.
Is a Sweet Roll the Same Thing as a Cinnamon Roll?
Sort of. A cinnamon roll is a type of sweet roll. However, not all sweet rolls are cinnamon rolls. Make sense? For instance, these pumpkin spice sweet rolls are a recipe all on their own. While they’re similar to cinnamon rolls, their taste is completely different.
Simple Ingredients You’ll Need
Technically, all you’ll need for this sweet rolls recipe is two ingredients. However, if you’re feeling ambitious, I highly recommend increasing your shopping list to four items so you can make the glaze, too. Either way, here’s what you’ll need:
For the Sweet Rolls
- Crescent Rolls – You could totally make your own dough if you want, but who has time for that?! The storebought stuff tastes just as good and saves you literally hours in the kitchen.
- Pumpkin Spice Granola Butter – I’m obsessed with Oat Haus pumpkin spice granola butter. However, if you don’t have it or can’t find it, any type of granola butter or nut butter will do. Just add a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice for a similar taste.
For the Glaze
- Powdered Sugar – This melts down to a sticky, sweet consistency.
- Plant-Based Milk – Better than water, milk enhances the flavor of the sugar for an indulgent topping.
How to Make this Easy Sweet Rolls Recipe
Really, you guys, this recipe couldn’t be any easier to make! In fact, I’ve eaten four rolls just typing up this post. Don’t judge me, okay? One bite and you’ll understand the obsession. Just follow the steps below, and scroll to the recipe card at the bottom for the complete details.
- Preheat the oven, and grease two mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Unfold the crescent roll dough. Then, pinch the seams of two triangles together to form a smaller rectangle and repeat with the remaining six triangles to create four individual rectangles of dough.
- Spread 1 generous tablespoon of granola butter evenly on top of each rectangle.
- Starting on one of the long sides of the rectangle, roll the dough into itself until it forms one long log. Repeat with the remaining three rectangles.
- Slice each log into 8 even pieces. When you’re done, you should have 32 mini rolls in total.
- Place one roll into each greased tin on your mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Top with the sugar glaze (or not), and enjoy right away!
Trust me, this sweet roll recipe is so irresistible you’re not going to have to worry about storing any leftovers. However, if you happen to have some crazy amount of willpower, you can store your sweet rolls in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Or, keep them in the fridge for up to 1 week!
When you’re ready to eat, serve them cold, at room temperature, or warm them in the microwave or oven.
More Sweet Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
Start your mornings off right, and treat yourself to more indulgent breakfasts with some of my favorite recipes below! After all, you deserve it.
- Zesty and sweet, these Brown Sugar Orange Sweet Rolls are great for holidays, weekend brunch, and everything in between.
- Ready in less than 30 minutes and topped with a Biscoff spread, this Biscoff Vegan Cinnamon Roll is what breakfast dreams are made of!
- Sweet, cinnamony, and poppable, these Cinnamon Roll Churro Bites are little pieces of heaven.
A healthier take on a classic childhood favorite, this Easy Vegan Honey Bun Recipe is sweet, sticky, and better than any boxed version you’ll ever taste.
Mini Pumpkin Spice Sweet Rolls
This 2-ingredient sweet rolls recipe is bursting with warm pumpkin spice and topped with a sweet glaze for the BEST fall breakfast!
- 1 can crescent rolls check to make sure they're vegan!
- 4-5 tbsp pumpkin spice granola butter
optional sugar glaze:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp plant-based milk
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease two mini muffin tins with cookies spray.
Unfold the crescent roll dough. Pinch the seams of two triangles together to form a smaller rectangle and repeat with the remains six triangles to create four individual rectangles in total.
Spread 1 generous tablespoon of granola butter evenly on top of each rectangle using a spatula.
Starting on one of the long sides of the rectangle, roll the dough into itself until it forms one long log. Repeat with the remaining three rectangles.
Slice each log into 8 even pieces and repeat with the remaining dough logs – you should have 32 mini rolls in total.
Put one roll piece into each greased tin of your mini muffin tin.
Bake for 12 minutes.
Eat right away or top with a sugar glaze.