Remember those lil mini donuts you used to beg your parents for at the grocery store? You know, the ones in the white bag. Yeah, those.
I don’t know about you but I LOVED mini donuts growing up. Okay, let’s be real. I still love them. SO, when my son requested them for his birthday, I was more than happy to oblige.
However, I knew I could do better than the sugar-laden, mystery ingredient packed store-bought version. After several trial runs and lots of chocolate tasting, I’m proud to present to you my Vegan Mini Chocolate Donuts! You’re not going to believe how easy they are.
The best part? These donuts are full of protein thanks to Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest (use code thekellykathleen for a discount, if ya want!). When combined with nutrient-packed cocoa powder and soy milk, you get all the sweet chocolatey flavor you’re looking for without the dreaded sugar crash.
To make this recipe, all you have to do is preheat your oven, mix your ingredients, and pipe the dough into pre-greased donut molds. Pro-tip: Use a plastic bag and snip the tip off to create your own DIY piping bag.
While your donuts are baking, make the glaze by sifting powdered sugar and cacao together. Then, stir in your milk, and you’re good to go! When the donuts have cooled, drip, drizzle, or spoon the chocolate glaze on top. Do your best to let it sit for 30 minutes (impossible I know), and enjoy!
Dying to tell everyone you made this recipe and loved it?? Don’t forget to share a picture and tag @thekellykathleen so that I can profess my love to you and re-share it for all to see!
Vegan Chocolate Donuts
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup rich chocolate clean lean protein by Nuzest
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 4 tbsps melted vegan butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a mini donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cacao powder (or cocoa, if using), protein, sugar, baking powder, salt, plant-based milk, and melted vegan butter.
- Pour mixture into a piping bag and pipe the batter into the prepared mini donut molds. Bake for 10 minutes. *alternatively you can use a plastic bag with the tip snipped to pipe the donuts.
- To make the glaze: sift all the powdered sugar and cacao powder together before whisking in the milk. If you find that the glaze is too thick, add in an additional teaspoon of milk at a time.
- Once the donuts have completely cooled, remove them from their pan and drip, drizzle or spoon the glaze of the donuts.
- Let the glaze set (about 30 minutes) before enjoying.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!