If your kids are like mine, they LOVE those little pre-packaged mini muffins. Bite-sized and full of delicious things like blueberry pieces and sugar, I understand the appeal.
However, the store-bought varieties are not very budget-friendly in my opinion. Plus, they’re not filling and leave my little ones running around with a sugar-high causing even more mayhem than usual. No, thank you.
So, making sure to include all the sweet goodness of the original, I made a slightly healthier version using ingredients like Vanilla Probiotic Clean Lean Protein from Nuzest, dried blueberries, and soy milk. Plus, if you want to make this recipe an even better deal, be sure to use code: thekellykathleen on any Nuzest orders! Totally an optional step, but I super appreciate you if you do!
To make these completely addicting Mini Blueberry Donuts, preheat your oven and spray a baking pan. Then, combine the muffin ingredients except for the blueberries. Pour the mixture into a piping bag (or a plastic bag, see instructions below), and pipe it into your donut molds.
Now, use your fingers to press blueberries into the molds, and bake the donuts for 10 minutes. While the donuts are baking, make the glaze by sifting the powdered sugar and whisking it into your milk. Once cooled, drizzle, dip, or spoon the glaze onto the donuts.
Let the glaze sit, and enjoy with a warm cup of coffee!
Dying to tell everyone you made this recipe and loved it?? Don’t forget to share a picture and tag @thekellykathleen so that I can profess my love to you and re-share it for all to see!
Mini Blueberry Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla probiotic clean lean protein by Nuzest
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 4 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 1/4-1/3 cup dried blueberries
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a mini donut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour,, protein, sugar, baking powder, salt, plant-based milk, and melted vegan butter.
- Pour mixture into a piping bag and pipe the batter into the prepared mini donut molds.
- With your fingers, press a few blueberries into each donut mold (I used 4-5 small blueberries).
- Bake for 10 minutes. *alternatively you can use a plastic bag with the tip snipped to pipe the donuts.
- To make the glaze: sift the powdered sugar before whisking in the milk. If you find that the glaze is too thick, add in an additional teaspoon of milk at a time.
- Once the donuts have completely cooled, remove them from their pan and drip, drizzle or spoon the glaze of the donuts.
- Let the glaze set (about 30 minutes) before enjoying.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!