This vegan mousse comes together in minutes and is perfect for eating as a snack, breakfast or as a dessert!
This is one of those recipes that really shouldn’t be called a recipe. It only made sense that I created its own blog post though. I mean, I make it every single week.
Yup, it’s really that good.
What’s so great about it? It’s simple! No, not the answer, the recipe. Although, I guess the answer is simple too!
This mousse is one of those recipes that comes together in minutes. The hardest part is waiting for it to chill. The fridge time allows it to become its true potential….. thick and creamy deliciousness. It’s also egg-free, dairy-free (which is a must for me!), low-carb and high in HEALTHY fats. Omega-3 anyone? AKA brain health anyone? Yeah, I’m down for that.
Honestly, the US gets plenty of Omega-6 fats from not so great sources (rancid oils) but we are always short on the good stuff, omega-3! This recipe helps you get your brain health on. When you’re eating this recipe you are enhancing your life. YOUR LIFE!
And while I bring myself back to reality, I’ll tell you how I eat this good stuff.
- Fresh Fruit: I cut up fresh (or even frozen) fruit with a sprinkle of cinnamon and eat it as a quick snack.
- Raw Veggies: Have you ever dipped raw carrots into hummus? It’s like that but better. Because chocolate.
- Spread: I spread it on rice cakes, toast, pancakes and waffles. The more spread the better!
- Topping: I’ve used a dollop on smoothies, baked good (brownies, yes and yes) and even in my coffee.
- SOLO: Honestly, this mousse is yummy enough to eat on its own. As seen in the picture, I’ll throw cocoa nibs (low-carb) on top and go to town.
I’m not saying you should thank me buuuuuut I wouldn’t blame you if you did.
Low-Carb Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup Avocado *about 2 avocados
- 1/4-1/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Monk Fruit //alt use maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- pinch of Salt optional
- Add everything to your food processor or high speed blender. Blend until thick and creamy. Place into an airtight container and let chill in the fridge for an hour before serving!
I REALLY hope you love this recipe as much as my family does! If you decide to make it, please share it on Instagram by tagging #ahealthyharmony @ahealthyharmony. Your support means the world and I’d love to show you mine!