Another lemon recipe?? SUE ME!
I’m allllll about spring time eats and nothing more says spring to me than some zesty sweets. That being said, there is something about spring that makes my stomach crave some lighter eats. I’m not talking fat free everything because nastyyyy but I am talking simple swaps! No need for drastic changes – life should be enjoyed!
IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THIS OR ONE OF MY MANY OTHER RECIPES, PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR CREATION ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #THEKELLYKATHLEEN @THEKELLYKATHLEEN . YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME AND I’D LOVE TO SHOW YOU MINE!
Lemon Poppyseed Bread
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar monk fruit, brown or cane
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cassava flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tbsp cashew milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grab a 9×5 loaf pan. Spray the pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients – including the sugar.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until just combined, being careful not over mix!
- Scoop the batter into your prepared baking dish – using a spatula if necessary to create an even layer.
- Bake the bread for 45 minutes or until a toothpick can poke the bread and come out clean.
- Let the bread cool for 5 minutes before removing it from the pan and letting it cool completely (patience peeps) on a cool wrack.
- While the bread is cooling – make the glaze! Whisk everything together in a small bowl and once the bread is cool, pour that sugary sweetness all over the loaf.
- Slice into however many pieces makes your heart happy and enjoy within 2 days or 5 days being refrigerated.