This Homemade Raspberry Jam is made with only 3 simple natural ingredients and will only take 10 minutes from start to finish.
What is homemade jam?
Jam that you can make at home – yes, it’s a thing!! In fact, this recipe will only take you less minutes to make than it would to run to the store to pick up a prepared jar of jam with LOADS of less than stellar ingredients.
This raspberry jam recipes only requires frozen raspberries, chia seeds and pure maple syrup.
How do you make homemade jam?
The process could not be easier. You dump all of the ingredients into a saucepan, bring the ingredients to a boil and then simmer the jam for five to ten minutes. You then take it off the heat and let it cool!
Can I make this jam with other fruit?
YESS! I’ve made this jam with blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and even cranberries. Whatever fits your fancy will work here!
What about using fresh fruit?
Using fresh fruit is absolutely an option but I have found that frozen fruit not only works more often than not, it’s actually cheaper! I’m all about saving a dime where I can.
Where can I use this chia seed jam?
On toast, in oatmeal, pb&J, in smoothies… the options are endless.
These Raspberry Crumble Bars would be perfect for this jam!
Of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag my on Instagram! Seeing your recreations is the best. Or, if you don’t have social media, leaving a review below for this recipe helps more than you know.
Homemade Raspberry Jam
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- In a small saucepan over medium high heat, add the ingredients and stir.
- Continue to occasionally stir while the raspberries breakdown.
- Let the mixture come up to a boil before turning the heat down to a simmer.
- Let the raspberries continue to simmer for around 5 minutes while the chia seeds plump up and absorb some of the liquid.
- Turn the heat off and let the jam cool completely before transferring it to a jar with an airtight lit.
- Place the jam in your fridge to chill and enjoy as you please.