The perfect balance of salty and sweet flavors, this homemade sweet and salty cream cheese dip recipe is an easy snack-time treat perfect for every occasion. Loaded with fall flavor, it’s so tasty you’ll be making it all year long. Serve it with crisp sliced apples, crunch pretzels, biscuits, graham crackers, and more! Your non plant-based friends will never know it’s dairy free (and gluten free too!).
What Is Cream Cheese Dip, Anyway?
If you’ve never had cream cheese dip prepare for your life to be changed. Seriously, it’s delicious, and I don’t even like cream cheese! So, clearly, you need it in your life. Honestly, there are endless variations of cream cheese dip recipes ranging from savory to sweet. You can even find pre-made versions in the grocery store!
We all know things are better when made from home, right? And life’s better when it’s sweet. So, inspired by the fall season, I created the best nutty, caramel homemade cream cheese dip recipe you’ll ever taste. Soft, crunchy, sweet, and salty, it’s got everything you could ever need, and more! Whip it up for holiday parties, afternoon snacks, and everything in between.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Simple is the name of the game around here. So, I kept the ingredient list as short as possible, but the flavors they create are bold!
For the Cream Cheese Dip
- Cream Cheese – I love Miyoko’s cream cheese, but any dairy-free version would work.
- Powdered Sugar – Used to take the sweet flavor to the next level. I used monk fruit but a pure stevia would work really well here too.
For the Caramel Coating
- Peanut Butter – This adds a slightly savory taste along with extra fiber and fats to keep you satisfied. If needed, you could swap it out for any nut or seed butter you prefer.
- Maple Syrup – Creates an indulgent, caramel-like taste.
- Plant-Based Milk – To thin out the mixture.
- Salt – Make sure it’s extra flakey for the best taste!
- Nuts – I like to use chopped peanuts, but any nut you like best would work.
How to Make This Nutty Caramel Cream Cheese Dip Recipe
You’re not going to believe how easy this recipe is to make! In just a few minutes, it’s ready to eat so you can get out of the kitchen and on with your day.
- Whisk. In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth, and set it aside.
- Create the Caramel Sauce. In a second, medium-sized bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the caramel sauce, leaving out the salt and nuts. Then, cover the bowl, and set it aside.
- Form a Cream Cheese Log. Place a piece of plastic wrap on the counter, and add the cream cheese to the center. Using the plastic wrap, press the cream cheese into a log, and wrap the plastic wrap around it tightly.
- Chill. Transfer the cream cheese log to the fridge for 2 hours to harden.
- Serve. Place the cream cheese on a plate, drizzle the caramel sauce on top followed by a sprinkle of chopped peanuts and flakey salt. Then, dip, dunk, or spread, and enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
Just when you thought this cream cheese dip recipe couldn’t get any easier to make, I’ve got you covered with my top tips and tricks to make it absolutely failproof!
Room Temperature. Let the cream cheese sit out and warm to room temperature for super easy mixing.
Warm the Caramel. To allow for easier mixing, feel free to heat the ingredients for your caramel sauce in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or until they’re easy to stir.
Add Milk. Depending on how thick you prefer your caramel, you may want to add an extra 2 tablespoons of milk to thin it out.
Let the Cream Cheese Log Sit. When you’re ready to serve, I recommend letting the cream cheese log sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften again.
There are endless ways to serve this recipe, and there’s no right or wrong! My favorite pairing option is crisp apples. However, it’s also great with:
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can cream cheese dip sit out?
This recipe should not be kept out for more than 2 hours. After that point, bacteria is likely to begin to grow, and your cream cheese could get a bit funky.
Can I freeze this recipe?
I wouldn’t recommend it. Luckily, it’s a breeze to whip up!
How long does homemade cream cheese dip last?
If stored in an airtight container in the fridge, this homemade cream cheese dip will stay fresh for 5-7 days. However, if you want to make it ahead of time, I recommend leaving the nuts and salt off until just before you serve.
Even More Tasty Dips & Spreads
Love a good snack moment? Who doesn’t?! You won’t want to miss out on these great recipes, too:
- With all the flavor of your favorite holiday cookies in a high-protein recipe, this Snickerdoodle Dip is completely irresistible.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth with zero guilt thanks to this High Protein Whipped Chocolate Dip!
- Made with just 5 ingredients, this Whipped Vegan Caramel Mousse is what breakfast dreams are made of.
- The perfect option for a quick snack or filling breakfast, this Low-Carb Chocolate Avocado Mousse comes together in minutes and is loaded with healthy fats to keep you full.
LEAVE A REVIEW AND CONNECT WITH ME
I genuinely hope you relish creating and indulging in our Sweet and Salty Cream Cheese Dip as much as I do! Your feedback means the world to me, so please take a moment to leave a review and share your thoughts on this delectable plant-based treat.
Did it become a crowd-pleaser at your last gathering, or perhaps a go-to snack for your family movie nights? I’d love to hear about your experiences and any creative twists you added to make it your own. Your review inspires me and helps our community discover the joy of plant-based delights.
Connect with me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay updated on my latest recipes, cooking tips, and plant-based inspiration. Don’t forget to tag me in your photos of this sweet and salty dip – I can’t wait to see your culinary creations!
For more mouthwatering recipes and plant-based goodness, subscribe to my newsletter. It’s your ticket to discovering new culinary horizons and embracing the world of dairy-free, delicious delights. Thank you for choosing my recipe, and I look forward to connecting with you over more irresistible plant-based treats!
Homemade Nutty Caramel Cream Cheese Dip
Cream Cheese Spread:
- 1 8 oz container of dairy-free cream cheese room temp
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2-4 tbsp plant-based milk
- 1/2 tsp flakey sea salt to top
- 2-3 tbsp chopped nuts optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until well combined. Set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the caramel sauce: peanut butter, maple syrup and 2 tablespoons plant-based milk. To encourage the ingredients to come together, you may want to heat the ingredients in your microwave for around 30-45 seconds. If the mixture gets to thick, add in the additional 2 tablespoons of plant-based milk.
- Once the caramel sauce is combined. Cover the bowl (this can be done with a clean towel) and let it sit.
- To make the cream cheese log: take a piece of plastic wrap and lay it out on your counter. Scoop the cream cheese spread into the center of the plastic wrap. Using the plastic wrap, press the cream cheese into a log form then tightly wrap the plastic wrap around it. Place it in your fridge for at least 2 hours to harden.
- Once it’s hardened, place it on a clean plate and top it with the caramel sauce, salt and peanuts. Enjoy with apples, crackers, pretzels or whatever you please.
In full transparency, please note that this blog post may contain affiliate links. However, rest assured that all opinions expressed are entirely my own, and I only recommend products that I genuinely love and believe in. Your support through these links helps me continue to create valuable content for you.