Decadent and sweet, this High Protein Golden Oreo Bar recipe is a simple no-bake recipe made with just 6 ingredients. It’s a quick and easy dessert that’s out-of-this-world delicious! Vegan and Gluten-Free.
Team Regular or Team Golden Oreos?
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’re probably aware of the heated debate amongst Oreo lovers. For years now, the interwebs have been squaring up to battle over whether regular chocolate Oreos or their golden counterparts are superior. With recipes like Oreo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies and “Oreo” Cake Pops, I was pretty neutral in this debate until I created this Oreo bar recipe.
Seriously, y’all, they’re everything I never knew I needed and so much more. Sweet, crunchy, and loaded with protein, they’re guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth without leading to a sugar crash later. Plus, they’re no-bake so you don’t even have to heat up your kitchen with the oven! I mean, you’re welcome.
Anyway, the point is I’m coming in hot to settle the argument once and for all. One bite of cut-up Oreo bars and I know you’re going to join me on the dark …er light side (cause Golden Oreos, get it?)!
Golden Oreo Bar Ingredients You’ll Need
These Oreo bars look crazy complicated, but I promise they’re not! In fact, all you’ll need is just 6 ingredients. No really! Here’s the full list below:
- Cashew Butter – Of course, I use my ride-or-die Georgia Grinders cashew butter (code: kellyk to save yourself a few bucks), but any brand you like best is fine.
- Coconut Flour – This is key to creating the right texture! Coconut flour has a unique moisture content, and other flours just won’t mix the same.
- Plant-Based Milk – I used almond milk, but anything you have on hand will do.
- Plant-Based Protein – You’ll want to use a vanilla protein so as not to overpower the other ingredients. I found that pea protein mixes (and tastes) best. Personally, Nuzest is my fave (code: thekellykathleen), but feel free to experiment! However, be aware that I can’t guarantee the taste and texture of your bars if you do.
- White Chocolate – To keep this recipe vegan, I used Vegan white chocolate.
- Golden Oreos – Obviously, they wouldn’t be Golden Oreo bars without Oreos! Any other cookies just won’t taste the same.
How to Make A No-Bake Oreo Bar
Is there anything better than a no-bake dessert, especially when it’s a bajillion degrees outside? Don’t answer that. Obviously, it was rhetorical and the answer is a very definite no! My latest obsession, this recipe will have you in and out of the kitchen with a snack in your hand in no time!
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Stir the protein powder, flour, cashew butter, and milk together.
- Press the mixture into the baking dish.
- Melt the chocolate, and spread it on top of the protein mixture.
- Chop your Oreos, and sprinkle them on top.
- Freeze for about 60 minutes or until the Oreo bars are set.
- Slice them into bars, and enjoy!
These bars are best kept in the freezer and will last up to 3 months. However, they can also be kept in the fridge for 2-3 weeks, if you can get them to last that long!
Can I Use Regular Oreos?
Technically, you can, but we had this conversation, right? Golden Oreos are the superior option. Really though, jokes aside, regular chocolate Oreos can be used, but the flavor of your Oreo bars will be altered. If you swap them out, I recommend using regular or dark chocolate and maybe even chocolate protein powder, too!
More No-Bake Desserts
Need more sweets in your life? Try out some of my other favorite no-bake options!
- Sweet, salty, and packed with chocolate, sweet treats don’t get better than these No-Bake Chocolate Pecan Cookies.
- This No-Bake Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Pie has childhood memories written all over it but is low-carb, high-protein, and actually good for you!
- Who can say no to cookie dough? Especially when it’s paired with brownie dough and high in protein thanks to these No-Bake Cookie Dough Brownie Protein Bars.
Made with simple, healthy ingredients, these No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars are a delicious dairy-free, gluten-free, and low-sugar recipe.
High Protein Golden Oreo Bars
- 1/4 cashew butter
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 5 tbsp plant-based milk
- 50g vanilla pea protein about 6 tbsp of protein
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate
- 3-4 golden Oreos
- Line a small baking dish with parchment paper and set it aside. (I used a 9×5 baking dish but only used 3/4 of it)
- Stir together the protein powder, flour, 1/4 cup of cashew butter and plant based milk and press it into your baking dish.
- Melt your white chocolate and pour it over the pressed protein mixture. Spreading it out with a spatula if need. Top with the chopped oreos.
- Place it in your freezer until set – about 60 minutes.
- After everything is frozen, slice into 6 bars and enjoy!
- These are best kept in the freezer but the fridge works too.