Made with 4 ingredients, this Hazelnut Amaretto Homemade Latte is a low-calorie, dairy-free, sugar-free recipe perfect for busy mornings, midday pick-me-ups, and more! Pair it with a tasty treat for the best way to start your day!
Love for Lattes
Do you start your day with a cup of coffee? For me, it’s a non-negotiable. Not only is the caffeine necessary, especially with 3 littles running around, but it’s also a form of self-care for me. You see, by taking the time, however short or long, to make a simple cup of coffee, I get a few precious minutes for myself. During this time, I am able to take a few deep breaths, create a positive mindset, and set an intention for my day. After all, happiness is a choice (but coffee sure does help)!
While I typically stick to a simple cup of plain coffee and throw in a dash of non-dairy milk or creamer, once in a while I like to truly treat myself by making a fancy homemade latte. Let’s be real, it’s usually an attempt to convince myself that I don’t need Starbucks. However, that doesn’t make my creations any less delicious! With the holiday season upon us, I have been truly indulging in taking the time to come up with fun flavors, and I think I’ve come up with my best recipe yet! This Hazelnut Amaretto Latte is made with super simple ingredients, sugar-free, and low in calories making it the absolute best way to start your day. Seriously, you guys, you need this in your life! Keep reading to find everything you’ll need to know, and thank me later.
Hazelnut Amaretto Homemade Latte Ingredients
I don’t know about you, but I’m not a fan of recipes that require a thousand strange ingredients, especially if I’m making it first thing in the morning. So, to help us all out, I kept this Hazelnut Amaretto Latte recipe as simple as I could. Admittedly, you probably don’t have a couple key ingredients, but they’re super easy to find and well worth it! I promise, I’d never steer you wrong. Take a look below to find everything you’ll need:
- Coffee – You’ll need 12 ounces of hot coffee. You can use a flavored variety, but I think black is best as it does not overpower the rest of the ingredients.
- Monk Fruit Amaretto Drops – These Amaretto Drops are a calorie-free, sugar-free sweetener that adds a light almond, vanilla-like flavor to your coffee!
- Hazelnut Stevia Drops – Made with natural flavors, these Hazelnut Stevia Drops are calorie and sugar-free but add an extra layer of sweetness and nutty hazelnut flavor to your homemade latte.
- Milk – I used a plant-based milk, but any you have on hand can be used for this recipe.
How to Make a Homemade Latte
This recipe is so easy it’s almost embarrassing to call it a recipe. However, not sharing it with you would be a disservice. So, take a look below to see how it all comes together.
- Brew. To begin, brew your coffee using whatever method you prefer. (See below for more about my favorite coffee maker.)
- Mix. Pour the brewed coffee into a mug of your choice. Then, add in 4 drops of the monk fruit sweetener, 4 drops of Stevia, and 1-2 ounces of plant-based milk. Then, stir the ingredients with a spoon until they are well-mixed.
Note: If you’re feeling extra fancy, froth your milk before adding it to your homemade latte! To do so, add the monk fruit and stevia to the coffee, and give it a good mix. Then, in a separate small bowl, use a frother to froth your milk, and carefully pour it on top of your coffee.
The Best Coffee Maker
For this homemade latte and honestly all my other coffee needs, I use this 16 Oz. Convenient Craft Rapid Cold Brew and Hot Coffee Maker! Not only is it super fast and quiet, it’s also pretty small, unlike other coffee machines I’ve had. As a result, it takes up very little space on my counter and leaves me with a to-go cup of coffee in no time! Even better, I can use k-cups with it, making it super convenient. Not to mention, it makes both hot and cold coffee. If you’re like me and can never decide between the two, this feature is huge! Of course, you can always just pour hot coffee over ice, but it just isn’t the same, is it? So, if you’re in need of a new coffee maker or just looking for an upgrade, I highly recommend giving this one a try. You do you, though!
Okay, obviously this hazelnut latte recipe is amazing as it is. However, if you’ve got the time, it’s also great with added toppings! For instance, I like to top mine with whipped cream. Then, try adding fun extras such as crushed nuts, sprinkles, cinnamon, chocolate syrup, or even crushed peppermint pieces for a festive twist!
If you’re really trying to treat yourself, try pairing this homemade latte with your favorite breakfast or a sweet treat such as a Single Serve Protein Eggnog Cookie, Vegan Blender Chocolate Hazelnut Donuts, or Spiced Chai Coffee Cake!
Can I Make this Homemade Latte Ahead of Time?
I don’t recommend making this recipe ahead of time as your coffee will become lukewarm, and the flavors will settle the bottom. Plus, it only takes a few minutes to whip up fresh!
Can I Use Iced Coffee Instead?
Sure! Personally, I’m partial to hot coffee recipes, especially when it’s cold. However, this Hazelnut Amaretto Latte recipe can be made either way. Just remember to stir in the ingredients well.
More Drinks You’ll Love
- Copycat Starbucks Mocha Cookie Crumble
- Toffee Nut Latte
- Banana Latte Smoothie
- Sugar-Free Mint Hot Chocolate
I’ve been starting every morning with this homemade latte, and I guarantee you won’t regret it if you do, too. What is your favorite way to drink coffee? Let me know in the comments below! Also – don’t forget to connect with me on Instagram or TikTok. I love seeing your recreations of my recipes!
Hazelnut Amaretto Homemade Latte
- 12 oz hot coffee
- 4-6 drops monkfruit amaretto drops
- 4-6 drops hazelnut stevia drops
- 1-2 oz plant-based milk
- Brew your coffee in any way convenient to you.
- Mix in the drops before topping with steam plant-based milk.