Soft, moist, and gluten-free, this Gingerbread Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting is a sweet and spicy vegan dessert perfect for every occasion. Serve it for breakfast, afternoon treats, desserts or whenever fits your fancy!
you’ll love this vegan gingerbread loaf recipe
There is not a whole lot that can’t be loved about a good gingerbread loaf, especially around the holiday season. This recipe is no different! It’s fluffy, rich in warming flavors and topped with a creamy frosting.
If you like easy recipes, you’ve really come to the right place. All my recipes are easier than easy and this gingerbread loaf is easier than easy!
One bowl and less than one hour of your time, that’s all it will take.
simple Better for you ingredients
You’ll only need a few ingredients for this recipe and I only used a small amount of oil while still achieving a sugar moist bread!
- unbleached all purpose flour (can be swapped for a gf 1:1)
- coconut sugar
- warming spices
- leavening agent
- plant-based milk
- plant-based yogurt
Join my mailing list
How to make this Gingerbread Loaf
This is one of my favorite recipes because of the simplicity of making it!
First, start by adding your dry ingredients into your bowl of choice.
Give those dry ingredients a stir and then add in your wet ingredients. Stir once more before your batter is ready to be baked.
Couldn’t be easier, right?
What’s in the vegan cream cheese frosting?
Only three ingredients:
Vegan cream cheese, vegan butter and powdered sugar of your choosing.
For this recipe, I used regular powdered sugar but I have had success with a powdered sugar alternative like a monk fruit powdered sugar.
How do you store this bread?
This bread is best when eaten fresh but since eating an entire loaf of gingerbread in one sitting isn’t in the cards for everyone, knowing how to store it is important.
You could wrap the entire loaf in plastic wrap but if that makes you cringe a little (me too!), I would find a container that is large enough to close without disturbing the frosting. That way it can stay as pretty as the day you made it – up to 3 days after making it.
Looking for more holiday recipes?
Make sure to be subscribed to my newsletter so that you never miss a recipe! I just know you will love this loaf just as much as my Gingerbread Pop Tart, Gingerbread Maple Scones and Gingerbread Donut Holes.
Gingerbread Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cup unbleached organic all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar cane or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup thick unsweetened dairy-free yogurt
- 2 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese at room temp
- 3 tbsp plant-based butter at room temp
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a small loaf tin (8×4) with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients with a whisk. Make sure to use the spoon and level method when you’re measuring your flour!
- Once the dry ingredients are whisked together, add in the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf tin and bake in your preheated oven for about 45-47 minutes. If you’re using a larger loaf tin (9×5), check your loaf around 40 minutes.
- Let the loaf cool completely before topping it with the cream cheese frosting.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, use an electric mixer to whisk together the ingredients.