High in protein and made with plant-based ingredients, this Flourless Blender Blondies Recipe is an easy vegan dessert you can feel good about eating! Serve them warm for a sweet treat the whole family will love!
Better For You Blondies
You guys! I am obsessed with this flourless blender blondies recipe. To be fair, I might be a bit biased, because I love all blondie recipes. From Vegan Caramel Pecan Blondies, to Vegan Chocolate Chunk Blondies, Chocolate Chip Caramel Blondies, and everything in between, I just can’t get enough! However, this recipe in particular is soft, gooey, and everything you could ever ask for! The only problem is that I can’t stop myself from eating them all at once.
Good problems? Honestly, I’m not all that mad, because not only are these blondies full of chocolate, but they’re also made with better-for-you ingredients you’ll love! Quick and easy to make, they’re high in protein, full of fiber, and made with plant-based ingredients that will leave you feeling great. So, now you can actually have your dessert and eat it, too! You’re welcome. Keep reading to find everything you’ll need to know to make this blondie recipe in just a few minutes with 1 blender.
What’s the Difference Between a Brownie and a Blondie?
A common question I get is what is the difference between a brownie and a blondie. To be honest, I get the confusion! Both treats are similar in ingredients and methods. However, the main difference between the two is the emphasis on the chocolate flavor. You see, sometimes referred to as “blonde brownies,” blondies are made with cocoa powder, brown sugar, and a strong vanilla flavor. Meanwhile, brownies include a stronger emphasis on the chocolate taste.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Unlike other blondie recipes, this version is made with vegan ingredients that are full of nutrients to help keep you feeling fueled and prevent a sugar crash after eating. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Garbanzo Beans (aka Chickpeas) – Make sure you drain, rinse, and pat your garbanzo beans dry!
- Nut Butter – I used cashew butter, because it has a neutral flavor and creamy texture that elevates the flavor of these blondies while also adding healthy fats and fiber. Feel free to use code: kellyk to save a few bucks on my favorite Georgia Grinders cashew butter if you’d like!
- Applesauce – Including applesauce in baked goods is a great way to cut down on the amount of fat used without sacrificing taste or texture. Just make sure it’s unsweetened! Otherwise, your blondies will be way too sweet.
- Protein Powder – As always, I used Nuzest protein (code: thekellykathleen) in the vanilla flavor. If you include another protein, it should work just fine, but I can’t guarantee the taste or texture of your blondies!
- Maca Powder – Technically optional, maca powder elevates the flavor of your blondies adding in an umami taste that makes them even more delicious Plus, it’s highly nutritious. Take a look at all the health benefits here!
- Chocolate Chips – I used dark chocolate chips, but white chocolate or semi-chocolate chips work, too. So, you do you!
- Baking Essentials – In addition, you’ll also need plant-based milk, vanilla extract, granulated (cane or coconut) sugar, baking soda, and salt!
*For added crunch and healthy fats, you could also include chopped nuts. Just mix them in with your dry ingredients! Or, sprinkle in butterscotch chips for a unique flavor you’ll love.
How to Make the Best Flourless Blender Blondies Recipe
The easiest blondies recipe you’ll ever make, this version comes together in one blender and takes just 30 minutes!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a 9×5 baking dish with parchment paper before setting it aside.
- Add the garbanzo beans, cashew butter, applesauce, milk, and vanilla extract to a high-speed blender, and blend on high-speed until the ingredients are smooth and well-combined.
- Add in the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips, and blend for a few more seconds to combine.
- Next, sprinkle in the chocolate chips (measure them with your heart, okay?), and fold them into the blended batter with a spoon.
- Scoop all of the batter from the blender into the prepared baking dish, and spread it out evenly.
- Bake your blondies recipe for 30 minutes or until the top is a beautiful golden brown. Then, remove them from the oven, and let them cool completely before slicing into bars! Trust me, I know it’s hard, but if you don’t wait, they’ll crumble into pieces.
How to Store Blondies
No matter how you store your blondies recipe, you’ll want to keep them in an airtight container. Then, depending on how long they last in your house, keep them at room temperature, in the fridge, or in the freezer!
- Room Temperature: Store for up to 5 days.
- Fridge: Store for up to 1 week.
- Freezer: Store for up to 1 month.
Are Blondies Supposed to Be Gooey?
Yes! When removed from the oven, the center of your blondies will be pretty gooey. If you prefer them this way (like me), they’re best served immediately! However, if you’d like you can adjust the texture of this dessert to fit your preferences. For example, for a more solid blondies recipe, just let them sit out to cool completely. Or, keep them in the oven for a few minutes longer, careful not to burn!
Do I Serve Blondies Cold or Warm?
Either way works! Personally, I like to treat myself and serve my blondies recipe warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream. Try it, and thank me later.
More Flourless Recipes You’ll Love
I promise you’ll never find an easier blondies recipe! Plus, this version tastes as good as traditional recipes while being full of fiber, nutrients, and protein. It’s a win-win in my book. If you give this recipe a try, I would love it if you let me know in the comments below!
Dying to tell everyone you made this recipe and loved it?? Don’t forget to share a picture and tag @thekellykathleen so that I can profess my love to you and re-share it for all to see!
Flourless Blender Blondies
Soft, chocolatey, and made without flour, these Flourless Blender Blondies are the perfect midday pick-me-up or dessert!
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans (you can use 1 15-oz can – drained, rinsed, and patted dry)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter I used Georgia grinders
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein by Nuzest
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar I used cane but coconut sugar works too!
- 1 heaping tbsp maca powder optional but it gives the best flavor so not really optional
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4-1/2 chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Line a 9×5 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
Place the garbanzo beans, cashew butter, unsweetened applesauce, plant-based milk, and vanilla extract into your high-speed blender.
Blend on high speed until no chunks are left.
Add in the remainder of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips and blend for a few seconds on low before turning up the blender to completely incorporate the ingredients.
Before pouring the batter into your prepared baking dish, add the desired amount of chocolate chips into your blender and stir them up with a spoon.
Use your spoon to scoop all the batter out into your prepared baking dish and even it out before baking.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the outside of the blondies are nice and brown.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!