The coconut zucchini cupcakes are the PERFECT dessert to use up all the the plentiful summertime zucchini! I like to frost only half the batch and eat the frosting free cupcakes (muffins!!) with my breakfast in the morning. They are the perfect addition to fresh fruit, next to yogurt or along side a smoothie.
Coconut Zucchini Cupcakes w/ Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup zucchini shredded, pressed and packed
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz dairy-free cream cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegan butter room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 cups organic powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line or spray a muffin pan and set aside.
- Whisk together the egg, sugar, vanilla, coconut oil and milk.
- Add in the pressed zucchini and whisk again. Fold in the dry ingredients.
- For your batter into 8 lined or sprayed muffin tins and bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- While your cupcakes are baking, make the frosting by whisking together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fully combined. Slowly whisk in the powdered sugar until you get a frosting like consistency.
- Once the cupcakes are baked and cooled, top with frosting.
- These cupcakes will stay fresh for up to 2 days on the counter or 4 days refrigerated in an airtight container. To freeze: place the cupcakes in an airtight container before frosting. When ready to frost, defrost the cupcakes completely and top with frosting.
IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THIS OR ONE OF MY MANY OTHER RECIPES, PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR CREATION ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #thekellykathleen @thekellykathleen. YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME AND I’D LOVE TO SHOW YOU MINE!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!