You guys. I so wish you smell this recipe baking. I think I’m drooling.
I mean, who doesn’t love cinnamon sugar combinations? And when they’re put on a bagel, I’m pretty sure life doesn’t really get much better.
All you have to do is preheat your oven, combine your ingredients, and roll your dough. If you’re brave this is a super fun way to get the kids in the kitchen. But , be warned, it’s super messy if you do.
Once the bagels are rolled and shaped, place them on a baking sheet, spread melted butter (or maple syrup), sugar, and cinnamon on top, and bake them for 22 minutes.
I strongly recommend eating them warm with a good schmear of cream cheese!
Dying to tell everyone you made this recipe and loved it?? Don’t forget to share a picture and tag @thekellykathleen so that I can profess my love to you and re-share it for all to see!
Cinnamon Sugar Bagels
- 1 3/4 cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 150 grams (about a cup) Dairy-Free Yogurt, I had the most success with a thick yogurt and it must be unsweetened!
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon, divided
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar, Divided
- 1 tbsp Melted Butter or Maple Syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fold the flour, baking powder, yogurt, applesauce, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp of coconut sugar together until just combined.
- Lightly flour a workable surface before rolling the dough in it and folding the dough together with your hands.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
- Roll each dough ball together in your hands, adding more flour if necessary until it forms a cylinder shape about 5-6 inches long.
- Connect the too ends to form the shape of a bagel and repeat 3 more times.
- Place the bagels on a parchment lined baking sheet before topping them with the melted butter or maple and the remainder of the coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 22 minutes.
- Best eaten with cream cheese!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!