Thick ass gluten-free and dairy-free cookies that taste like glorious cinnamon rolls!
These cinnamon roll cookies were absolutely a labor of love. The recipe needed to be tweaked… okay never. They came out perfect the first time but I wanted to rest assured that the process was flawless. After 4 rounds, it’s safe to say the process is flawless AND my mouth is a happy camper. 👌
The trick to getting these cookies perfect is to CHILL the dough. It’s a step that I was really trying to avoid because hello? I’m a lover of all things efficiency related, chilling the dough doesn’t sound efficient. 🙄 The truth is, nothing about this dough is quick other than how quickly the dough comes together!!! We can just ignore the time it tastes to have the delicious AF cookies meet your mouth. Right? RIGHT.
While the dough is chilling, you can wash up the one bowl it tastes to whip up these beauties, take a shower, put on a face mask (this one is my FAVE!) and even paint your nails…. although, I wouldn’t recommend since you’re about to roll up some delicious eats!!
Once the dough is chilled, you’ll want use parchment paper to help you roll the dough veryyyy tightly. It’s a must. Put those lushes lady muscles to work mmkay?
Lastly, if you prefer to not use Nuzest or any protein in this recipe, feel free to swap it out for more flour! I would start with 1/4 cup and go from there. You’ll want the dough to be only slightly sticky before chilling it. Once chilled, it shouldn’t be sticky at all!! If it is, you didn’t use enough flour – simply sprinkle a little extra on while forming the dough into a rectangle.
I know you will LOVE this recipe, if you have any questions – I’M YOUR GIRL! Shoot me a DM over at @thekellykathleen and I’ll get back to you ASAP!
IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THIS OR ONE OF MY MANY OTHER RECIPES, PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR CREATION ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #thekellykathleen @thekellykathleen. YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME AND I’D LOVE TO SHOW YOU MINE!
Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- 3/4 cup vegan butter optional addition 2 tbsps
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar cane, coconut, monk fruit
- 1/4 cup maple syrup alt. use df milk for a less sweet version
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt leave out if your butter is salted
- 1 cup 1:1 gluten free flour 168g – such as Bob’s Red Milll
- 1/2 cup Nuzest Vanilla Probiotic Protein read above for substitutions!
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup butter, 1/4th cup sugar, egg, maple syrup (or milk!) and vanilla. Add in the baking powder, salt, flour and protein.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350.
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper to form the cookies. Using your fingers, quickly make a rectangle shape with the dough (about 12 by 6) inches.
- If using the optional 2 tbsp of butter, rub it over the dough before sprinkling on the sugar and cinnamon.
- Very carefully, roll the dough starting on the short side (you want it to be a short, thick log!) I used the parchment paper to held me roll it tightly.
- Move the parchment paper to a baking sheet before cutting 8 even slices. Spread them apart (making sure they're still tightly rolled) and bake 20-22ish minutes.
- Top with whatever frosting you'd like or eat them plain!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!