This chocolate pecan banana bread is packed full of the goods without the added flour, eggs, dairy and refine-sugar
Can one have too many banana bread recipes? I think not! Especially since this one is:
- Soy Free
- Yeast Free
- Refined-Sugar Free
- Flour Free
- Egg Free
- Dairy Free
- Grain Free
- Gluten Free
- All The Freaking Frees
The only thing this banana bread isn’t is nut free buuut there keep your eyes pealed because this girl has something in the works as we speak!
Regardless of the ‘frees”, this bread is a great healthy take on a classic. I only used 20g of dark chocolate for the whole recipe. I’m sure you’ve heard that dark chocolate can actually be heart healthy in moderation. The 1/4 cup of pecans are full of nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that support you in your daily life. They have been known for their anti-inflammatory benefits, a high fiber content which aides in colon support but most importantly, they are full of oleic acid which can improve your mood, aid in anti-aging and also helps prevent cancer.
Can we just call agree that this loaf of goodness is actually good for you? I think we should!
I REALLY hope you love this recipe as much as my family does! If you decide to make it, please do share your creation on Instagram by tagging #ahealthyharmony @ahealthyharmony. Your support means the world and I’d love to show you mine!
Chunky Monkey Banana Bread
- 1 Flax Egg 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water
- 3 smalll Bananas *about 250g
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup // alt use honey if not vegan
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Cashew Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 serving Nuzest Just Natural Protein Powder alt use whatever vegan protein you'd like or swap it for more almond flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 squares Trader Joe's 72% Dark Chocolate Bar alt use whatever dairy free chocolate you'd like
- 1/4 cup Pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 bread pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a standing mixer, add all the wet ingredients and whisk together until well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients except for the chocolate and pecans. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan. Shake the pan a little to ensure the batter is even.
- Top with the chopped chocolate and pecans. Press down lightly to ensure the pecans stick.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Mine was done perfectly at 48 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes in the bread pan before taking the loaf out and allowing it to cool fully on a cooling rack.
- Slice into 8-12 slices and enjoy!