About forever and a million years ago I asked what kind of recipes you guys wanted to see on A Healthy Harmony. One person answered that she wanted to see gluten-free, nut-free, coconut-free, egg-free and dairy-free recipes.
So…I’m 100% a people pleaser but this is probably the only recipe I will ever create that covers all those categories. Like woah- I don’t think she was pulling my chain because I know people have that many food restrictions but I can’t work under that type pressure OKAY?
I digress- I hope she’s paying attention because this recipe is for her.
It’s one of those recipes that takes a slight bit of prep work because of the chia seed egg but I really could not be any easier!
I use my favorite protein powder to give this recipe a little boost and it was so satisfying! I highly recommend adding in some Nuzest to the mix. If you have yet to try their protein and scoff at the price- I would start by trying their starter pack! It’s only a couple of dollars so that you can taste their amazing product before fully committing. Plus, my code “ahealthyharmony” will save you some extra money at check out!
IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THIS OR ONE OF MY MANY OTHER RECIPES, PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR CREATION ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #AHEALTHYHARMONY @AHEALTHYHARMONY. YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME AND I’D LOVE TO SHOW YOU MINE!
Chocolate Chip Tahini Pancakes
- 1 tbsp Ground Flax + 2 tbsp Water
- 1/2 cup Chickpea Flour
- 3/4 cup Oat or Seed Milk
- 2 tbsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 serving Nuzest Just Natural Protein *see above notes
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1-2 tbsp Dairy-Free Mini Chocolate Chips
- In a small bowl, mix together your ground flax and water. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes to set up.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well. Let it sit while your skillet preheats over medium heat.
- Once your skillet is hot, add a little bit of cooking spray or coconut oil to grease the skillet well before adding dollops of pancake batter. Let the pancakes cook for 1-2 minutes (or until they start to bubble a little) before flipping.
- Continue to cook the pancakes until done (about 2 minutes on each side).
- Top your pancakes with whatever you’d like and enjoy hot!