I decided to take traditional Whoopie Pies up a notch and swapped out the classic creme filling for an easy peanut butter frosting.
Craziness, I know! But, is there anything better than the combination of chocolate and peanut butter? I didn’t think so.
Made with healthy fats from avocado oil and ground flaxseed, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies came out rich, decadent, and perfectly moist. They’re the perfect bite-sized dessert!
Plus, they’re keto-friendly which means they have to be good for you, right? That’s what I’m sticking to, anyway.
To make this recipe, turn your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and combine the ground flax with hot water. Stir, incorporate the mixture into a large bowl with the cake mix and oil, and set it in the fridge.
Once the oven has preheated, scoop 10-12 cookie mounds onto a prepared baking sheet. Flatten the cookies slightly, and bake them for 10-12 minutes. While the cookies are baking, prepare the frosting by whisking the frosting and peanut butter together.
Then, once the cookies have cooled, use a piping bag (or ziplock with the end snipped off) to pipe the frosting onto half the cookies. Use the other half to complete the sandwiches, and enjoy!
Dying to tell everyone you made this recipe and loved it?? Don’t forget to share a picture and tag @thekellykathleen so that I can profess my love to you and re-share it for all to see!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies
- 1 package of Birch Bender’s Chocolate Keto Cake Mix
- 1/3 avocado oil
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed mix with 6 tablespoons *hot water
- 1/2 container of Birch Bender’s Vanilla Keto Frosting
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- Start by turning on your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the ground flax with hot water and stir.
- Incorporate the mixture in a large bowl with the cake mix and oil.
- Pop the bowl into your fridge until your oven has finished preheating.
- Once your oven is ready, scoop 10-12 cookie mounds onto your baking sheet, flatten them down slightly and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool completely then fill with filling.
- To make the filling – whisk together the frosting and the peanut butter.
- Using a piping back or a ziplock bag with the tip snipped, pipe the filling onto one cookie before topping with another cookie.
- Repeat and enjoy!
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!