Tis the season for zucchini recipes and I am HERE FOR IT!! These blondies actually happened accidentally so I really can’t pretend that I’m that proactive.
In reality, I was making burgers with some hidden zucchini in them for my kiddos and I had some leftover zucchini that was begging to be put into a baked good.
TA-DA… these blondies were born!!
Now, that being said… it wasn’t a one and done situation. I originally made them with just chickpea flour but it needed something else. Round 2 involved adding in almond flour (DELICIOUS!) but I wanted to try a grain option (but still gluten-free) as well. Round 3 was all oat flour and holy ish guys… the texture was AMAZING but I wanted the flavor of the almond flour soooo round 4 was born.
The conclusion? Round 2 and 4 are BOTH winners! If you don’t mind using grain, I would absolutely use the oat & almond flour mixture. It creates a much fluffier texture that isn’t in the least bit gummy.
I know you know what I’m talking about… we have all made a baked good that was just a liiiiittle too much on the gummy side.
So, in conclusion, whether you use chickpea or gf oat flour- just make sure to pull them out of the oven before they are fully done! We don’t want overcooked gummy blondies mmk?
Also- I couldn’t leave well enough alone. I had to add a serving of Nuzest Just Natural protein in them to amp up the protein factor (chickpea flour has a ton!) If you don’t have it or just don’t want to use it- I’d replace the protein with more almond flour! If you are a Nuzest fan or are just curious about it- code “ahealthyharmony” will save you on their website!
IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THIS OR ONE OF MY MANY OTHER RECIPES, PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR CREATION ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #AHEALTHYHARMONY @AHEALTHYHARMONY. YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME AND I’D LOVE TO SHOW YOU MINE!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Blondies
- 3 medium Bananas *about 1 1/4 to 1/3 cup
- 1/2 cup Cashew Butter
- 1/4 cup Shredded Zucchini *squeezed of moisture
- 1 cup Chickpea Flour or Oat Flour *read above for difference!
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 serving Nuzest Just Natural
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips *sugar-free to keep no added sugar
- Sea Salt Flakes optional
- Bake for 20-25 minutes
- Preheat to your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the bananas, cashew butter ans shredded zucchini.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients expect for the chocolate chips and sea salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips before pouring the batter into your greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle the sea salt on top (if using) before baking the blondies for 20-25 minutes. They should be a little fudgy as they will set up more! I took mine out right at 20 minutes.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!