I can’t even lie to you… this IS NOT my recipe. I was feeling myself by “creating” it until I realized it seemed far to familiar. I typed in coconut butter cups into the interwebz and quickly realized nothing was too similar to these beauties… I mean, everything has been made at least once by now. We aren’t reinventing the wheel here. We just put our own personal twist on things and call it new. Regardless, everything that popped up had a chocolate coating instead of a coconut butter coating. I was safe there. Fewww! I still felt like I’d seen this recipe before so I started looking at people that I low-key idolize.
And there she was.
I was no longer feeling myself.
I was feeling these cups though.
Nicole, the creature and boss babe of Kale Junkie created cups VERY similar to these ones. Credit needs to be given where it’s due….. she gets it ALL.
I loved her Coconut Chocolate Marble Cups so much that I subconsciously forgot about them and then wanted to claim them as my own. I’m really nice like that. I also couldn’t compare them because her cups might (absolutely) look way cooler than mine. Which is whatever. It’s fine. I’ll be cool like her one day. Maybe in my dreams. I hope.
If you haven’t been to her website, my question is what are you waiting for? She is a boss babe, a mother, a wife and a damn good friend.
So, I bring you these CBD Coconut Chocolate Cups with the pretense that I really can’t claim the genius that they are. I can, however, claim the flavor combo and the absolutely chill factor but it. is. on. point!
Whatever that means. I think the cool kids say it.
Now, if you aren’t familiar with CBD… let me make you familiar.
It DOESN’T get you high. It does however have anti-inflammatory properties, can help you with cramps, your anxiety, joint pain and DOESN’T get you high. That last one was worth repeating.
If you don’t like the idea of helping your insides out, that’s completely fine. Swap out the CBD chocolate bar with a regular one and call it a delicious day.
IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THIS OR ONE OF MY MANY OTHER RECIPES, PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR CREATION ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #AHEALTHYHARMONY @AHEALTHYHARMONY. YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME AND I’D LOVE TO SHOW YOU MINE!
CBD Coconut Chocolate Cups
- 1/2 cup Coconut Butter
- 1 bar Therapeutic CBD Chocolat I used raspberries & cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 4-6 Toasted Hazelnuts *optional
- Grab 4 silicone muffin liners and have them at the ready.
- Melt the coconut butter and 1/2 tsp of coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds, stir and heat again until fully melted.
- Add a tbsp of the melted coconut butter into each cup and place them in your freezer to set for 5 minutes. There will be left over coconut butter that we will use later.
- Melt the chocolate bar and the rest of the coconut oil in another microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes at 50% power. Stir and melted again in 15 second increments if necessary.
- Pour the chocolate over the set coconut butter, it will be able 1/2 tbsp in each. Place them back in the freezer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has set, pour the rest of the coconut butter over top. Sprinkle with optional toasted hazelnuts and place back in the freezer until set. About 5-10 minutes.