These quick nutritious bites come together in less than 10 minutes and have only 6 ingredients!
Whether you are on the go are just want a small snack, these are the perfect treat! They are high in protein, fiber and have plenty of healthy fats to keep you satisfied until your next meal.
For the base of the recipe I used raw cashews and the fun addition of a Maple Sea Salt Rx Bar! Now, if you’ve ever had an Rx Bar, you know that they are extremely tasty! This specific one brings the best maple flavor to these bites. I decided using the bar would be a fun (and delicious) alternative to using dates. However, if you don’t have a bar on hand, using some soft dates would work just as well.
Cashew Maple Energy Bites
- 1 1/2 cup Cashews roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 tsp Maple Extract //alt. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 bar Rx Bar Maple Sea Salt //alt, 3 soaked dates*
- Cashew Butter
- Sea Salt
- In either your food processor or high-speed blender, add all the ingredients.
- Pulse the mixture until it starts to get crumbly. About 2-3 minutes.
- Continue to process until the cashews start to release their oils but be careful not to make cashew butter! The mixture will be done when everything is in uniform small clusters. About 1 additional minute.
- At this point you can add your add-ins if you're using any. I chose to add an additional 2 tbsp of chopped cashews to give more texture.
- Roll into 12-14 balls, about 1 tbsp each.
- Store in an airtight container and place in the refrigerator or freezer.