Carrot cake blondies feature everything you love about carrot cake but in blondie form. The vegan cream cheese marbled throughout will guarantee this recipe is one of your go-to’s!
Plant-Based Butter – the more the better!
Brown Sugar – this adds so much flavor but if you would like to use a cane, coconut or a sugar alternative, you absolutely can.
Plant-Based Milk – any works but soy is my favorite to bake with.
A good quality Vanilla Extract – a must!
All Purpose Flour – enough said.
Ground Cinnamon – it has to happen in carrot cake!
Baking Powder + Salt – the basics.
Shredded Carrots – duh… it’s carrot cake.
Vegan Cream Cheese – a little goes a long way here!
How to make carrot cake blondies?
In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter, brown sugar, plant-based milk and vanilla extract.
Add the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt and stir again, by hand, until well combined and smooth. Add in the shredded carrots and stir until incorporated. Set this aside while you work on your cream cheese mixture.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until it’s light and fluffy.
Next, you’ll make your layers. In your baking dish, pour half the batter, dollop the cream cheese mixture on top, swirl it around with a knife before spreading the remainder of the batter on top.
Then all you’ll need to do is bake!
What makes these carrot cake blondies vegan?
These blondies don’t require any eggs and the ‘dairy’ products are actually dairy-free.
If you don’t have a dairy allergy and/or don’t shy away from dairy, you can use whatever makes your heart happy just as long as you promise me you’ll try this recipe just once as it’s written.
I promise, you won’t notice the difference and you can impress all your dairy-free friends!
Do we eat these blondies hot, room temp, or cold?
Both… er?… either… ANY!
They are best once they’ve fully cooled AND chilled in the fridge but I won’t judge you if you can’t wait to dig in. Since these blondies give off major carrot cake vibes (as they should), you might be happiest eating them at room temp like you would a carrot cake.
Essentially, eat these beauties however you’d like to!
I asked my husband what we could add to these blondies and his gut reaction spit out-
“Nothing. If you add anything, politely f*ck off.”
So… there’s that. BUT if you’d like to get a little rebellious, here are a few add-in’s that I personally think would be stellar:
Nuts – walnuts would be a big yes from me.
Spices – nutmeg or cardamom would be incredible.
Extras – Raisins, dried nuts, etc
Add whatever fits your fancy!
Prep + Storage:
This recipe is a PERFECT recipe to make ahead of any get together. You can make them a solid 24 hours before your event, let the blondies cool completely before slicing and then store them accordingly.
To store, simply put these blondies in an air tight container that allows for a single layer storage. If your containers are too small, make one layer of blondies, top the layer with payment paper, then add your remaining blondie slices.
Thee blondies will last for up to 5 days if stored well!
Try these recipes next:
- Vegan Peppermint Brownie Cookies
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 15 Fall-Inspired Cozy Recipes
Friends give friends reviews!
If you enjoy this recipe or any of my other recipes, please take a few seconds to let others know by leaving a five star review and comment. It not only helps boost my mood but it will also help get the word out about my delicious recipes!
Carrot Cake Blondies
- 1/2 cup (112g) vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup (212g) brown sugar, coconut sugar works well too
- 1/4 cup (60ml) plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cup (200g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup (100g) shredded carrots
Cream cheese filling:
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (112g) vegan cream cheese, at room temp
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 9×5″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted vegan butter, sugar, plant-based milk and vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and shredded carrots, and stir to evenly combine the ingredients. Set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your room temperature cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until the mixture is light and fluffy – about 1 to 2 minutes of whisking. Set it aside.
- In your lined baking dish, pour half of the blondie batter, dollop spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture and stir it around with a knife before pouring the remaining blondie batter on top.
- Bake the blondies in the oven for about 35-37 minutes, or until the top is a deep golden brown and a toothpick can be inserted and come out clean.
- Remove the blondies from the oven and let them cool completely before slicing and serving.