Why are things that are mini so much cuter??
Babies – CUTE
Puppies – CUTE
Muffins – tasty and CUTE
It’s pretty much a proven fact that all things in mini form have at least a 37% higher cuteness factor than their normalized counterpart.
Now that we got the facts out of the way, let’s talk MUFFINS.
I know I was claiming that mini muffins are so much cuter but my love for all muffins runs deep. I love them in any form. I don’t care what the flavor is. If it’s a muffin, I want it in my mouth.
Hard facts mmk?
When I started this whole Baby Led Weaning journey, I got excited about all the potential muffin recipes that were in Opal + my near future. I went Pinterest crazy. I started pinning BLW muffin recipes like it was my job.
When I remembered that it was indeed not my job, I plummeted back to reality and decided that I should just create my own delicious recipe. That way, Opal and I will reap the benefits of actually having said muffins + getting paid for it would actually be a thing.
Logic, I’m here for it.
Anyway, these muffins take a little more prep work but from thought to bite – they’re still under 30 minutes. That’s my kind of recipe!
While these beauties are baking, you can tidy up your kitchen and change over a load of laundry. Or just sit on the couch and binge watch Tiger King. I’m not here to judge.
IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THIS OR ONE OF MY MANY OTHER RECIPES, PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR CREATION ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #THEKELLYKATHLEEN @THEKELLYKATHLEEN . YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME AND I’D LOVE TO SHOW YOU MINE!Print Recipe
Carrot Apple Mini Muffins
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 small banana
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1 large apple grated
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/3-1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour depends on how juicy your apple is!
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set the pan aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 6 ingredients through apple sauce.
- Fold in the remainder of ingredients starting with just 1/3 cup of oat flour. If the batter seems a little too wet, add in the remaining flour.
- Divide the batter evenly into your prepared muffin tin. Fill them all the way to the top – they don't rise!
- Bake for 15 minutes. Once done, let them cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before removing and enjoying.
- These muffins will remain fresh refrigerated in an air tight container for up to 5 days.