I haven’t made a donuts in a hot second so I decided I would change that with these blueberry donuts that have the TASTIEST crumble topping. I wanted to make a simple recipe that didn’t have a whole lot of added sugar (just the topping!!) and were also packed with some healthy fats with plenty of protein.
Not to pat myself on the back but I’m pretty sure I nailed this recipe!!
I used Buckwheat flour – one of my favorite gluten-free flours that is really underrated (imo) along side Nuzest to amp up the protein without sacrificing texture. I’m all about the gluten-filled and sugary donuts (seriously, COME AT ME with those beauties. Maple is my fave mmk?). However, when I’m looking for a snack that is going to keep my mind and body running at tip top shape, having protein included in the snack is a MUST. Click the link above to check out Nuzest proteins, they really are the best of the best!
Don’t forget to tag me @thekellykathleen over on Instagram when you make my recipes! Seriously nothing warms me heart more <3
Blueberry Crumble Donuts
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 spotty bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 tsp cashew milk
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 servings Nuzest Just Natural protein 15% discount link above!
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup frozen bluebs *can use fresh, just lessen the cooking time!
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp turbine sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two donut pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients before folding in the dry.
- Pour the batter into 9 donut molds.
- In a small bowl, make the crumble by mixing the ingredients together with a fork.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the batter before baking for about 20 minutes.
- Let the donuts cool for 10-15 minutes before removing them from their baking pan.