These minimal ingredient bars are high protein, high fiber MAGIC!
Honestly, they were created out of pure necessity. I needed something that I could munch on while running around with my head cut off. I mean, nothing really new here but ever since we’ve been social distancing, my family’s needs have tripled.
I’m not exaggerating… I promise.
There’s the homeschooling and the cooking and the cleaning and the 5 million loads of laundry. How the heck are there so many clothes?!? We aren’t even going anywhere.
I digress… these were obviously a NEED.
Let’s talk ingredients. This recipe is so incredibly adaptable!
Eggs – easily subbed for flax eggs
Bananas- can be swapped for sweet potatoes or pumpkin puree
Peanut Butter – whatever nut or seed butter you please!
Powdered PB- swap with additional protein powder
Protein Powder – Can be swapped for oat flour but I wouldn’t. Why? Because I love how protein stabilizes our blood sugar! Feeling a little moody lately? It might be because your blood sugar isn’t being properly stabilized. Now, if you’ve been following me for a hot second – you know my favorite protein to use is Nuzest because of their clean ingredient. I haven’t tested this recipe with any other protein to experimenters BEWARE.
Chocolate Chips- omit, add more or add things like nuts, berries or pretzels!
However you choose to make this, make sure to share on Instagram and tag me @thekellykathleen so I can see what you think!!
Banana Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 large bananas extra spotty!
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk if you like your baked goods sweet, replace 1/4 cup with maple syrup
- 1/2 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1/2 cup nuzest probiotic vanilla protein *see above notes for substitutions
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish and set aside.
- Whisk or blend together all the ingredients except for the oats and chocolate chips.
- Stir those in and pour the batter into your prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy!