Think cinnamon rolls can’t get any better? Think again!
These Apple Pecan Cinnamon rolls are soft, sweet, crunchy, and completely addicting!
Satisfying basic white girls everywhere, myself included, they’re everything we love about fall rolled into one simple roll.
I’ll admit, this recipe takes a little bit longer than some of my others, but it’s totally worth it. I promise! Plus, it can be made dairy-free and vegan. So, it’s basically healthy, right? That’s what I’m going with anyway.
Personally, I recommend eating these warm, but they do great reheated as well. Make a big batch ahead of time for treat-yo-self breakfasts all week long!
Dying to tell everyone you made this recipe and loved it?? Don’t forget to share a picture and tag @thekellykathleen so that I can profess my love to you and re-share it for all to see!
Apple Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 tsp yeast
- 3 cup organic unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tbsp butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup peeled and diced apples
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp dairy-free milk
- Place all the ingredients into your bread machine is the order they’re listed and select the dough cycle.
- You can do it by hand by mixing all the ingredients together, kneading the dough for about 10 minutes then covering it with a clean towel and letting it rest for an hour.
- Once the dough is ready, flour a flat surface and knead the dough a few times in the flour.
- Roll it out into a large rectangle (about 15 inches by 10 inches) before spreading the butter all over.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar, cinnamon, apples and pecans on as well.
- To roll the cinnamon rolls, start on the short side and roll the dough into itself.
- Cut into 12 pieces using a clean, sharp knife or unflavored dental floss.
- Grease a 9×9 baking dish before places the rolls into the pan and covering with a tea towel for at least 30 minutes or until the rolls have doubled in size.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the rolls for 30-35 minutes or until the tops have turned a deep golden brown.
- Once the rolls are out of the oven, quickly make the glaze by whisking the glaze ingredients together with a whisk or fork.
- Top with extra apples and pecans if desired.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!