Okay, these oatmeal cups are probably the least appetizing things in existence. I’m fully aware. I’m so aware that I made them 5 different times to see if I could make them pretty which clearly was a lost cause. In the end, I gave up and make another two variations in hopes that you’d forgive me and want to make this recipe regardless.
Please say you will?!
They taste amazing and are SO dang satisfying. They are high in protein and carbs which make them the perfect pre or post workout snack!
Plus, they are:
– refined and added sugar-free
What they aren’t:
LAME! These beauties aren’t lacking in flavor AT ALL.
So with that all out in the open; let’s talk variations!! The original recipe was made with bananas and I honestly think it will always be my OG. The sweetness from the bananas make the perfect touch.
If you are looking for something slightly less sweet, the apple variation is for you! I used a combo of unsweetened apple sauce and shredded apples (1/2 cup of each!) to get a really light sweet. I would highly recommend adding in cinnamon and nuts on this one. Tastes like an apple pie aka a freaking DREAM.
The last variation and the least sweet would be the sweet potato variation. I simple swapped out the banana for a cup of mashed sweet potato and it was perfect!!
My favorite way to eat them is with a dollop of sunflower seed butter but I’d love to hear how you eat yours… because you WILL make these.
Last thing!! I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use Nuzest as my protein powder not only in baked goods but in life in general. If you’ve been around here awhile, you already know this info (sorry, not sorry). If you’re new here, Nuzest has the CLEANEST ingredients and the texture can’t be beat. No chalky gross nastiness… I know you know what I’m talking about.
The cool thing about Nuzest (other than all the stuff I already listed!) is that they have sample packs for people that aren’t quite sure they want to get in on the deliciousness that Nuzest really is! I would highly recommend going this route if you aren’t sure.
And because Nuzest and I love you SO much- we want to save you some money. Code ‘ahealthyharmony’ saves you a chunk of change at checkout on their website and using it is absolutely worth it- trust me…. I 1000% use the code as well because why not save some money??
IF YOU DECIDE TO MAKE THIS OR ONE OF MY MANY OTHER RECIPES, PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR CREATION ON INSTAGRAM BY TAGGING #AHEALTHYHARMONY @AHEALTHYHARMONY. YOUR SUPPORT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME AND I’D LOVE TO SHOW YOU MINE!
6-Ingredient Baked Oatmeal Cups (3 recipe Variations!)
- 1 cup Spotty Bananas/Sweet Potato/Shredded Apple + Apple Sauce *SEE ABOVE for explanation!
- 2 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1 1/2 cups GF Oats
- 1 1/2 servings Nuzest "Just Natural" Protein or any of their proteins!
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin (or use liners) with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the spotty bananas (or sweet potato or apples and apple sauce), ground flax and almond milk.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared muffin molds.
- Place the muffins in the oven to bake for 16-18 minutes.
- Let the muffins completely cool before removing them from the muffin tin. Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 3 days. Store in your freezer for up to 3 months.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!