Pretty sure everyone and their mama has a recipe for these copycat Reese’s eggs but how could you not? They are SO easy to make and only take a few minutes of your time. Me being me, I added my favorite protein to the mix to help keep my blood sugar and hormones happy but keep reading for a protein-free swap!
So, for this recipe you’ll only need 5 ingredients. (Which is a really good thing or else the recipe name wouldn’t make any sense.)
First being, chocolate of choice! I used a vegan white chocolate and a dark chocolate to jazz things up a bit but you can use whatever fits your fancy. Next, you’ll need to pick out your favorite peanut butter. You all know I love Georgia Grinders but JIF or Skippy works great in this recipe too. Then you’ll need to grab honey or maple syrup and some coconut flour which acts as a binder alongside the protein powder.
Now, if you are anti protein or just don’t have any, use more coconut flour! It will swap for about 1:1 so start with a tablespoon and if it seems like the mixture isn’t staying together, add in a little more.
That’s it! You mix, you melt, you dunk, you freeze and you enjoy!
Dying to tell everyone you made this recipe and loved it?? Don’t forget to share a picture and tag @thekellykathleen so that I can profess my love to you and re-share it for all to see!
5-Ingredient PB Chocolate Eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter I used Georgia Grinders organic pb (code: kellyk)
- 1 serving vanilla protein I used Nuzest (code: thekellykathleen) *read above for swap
- 2 tbsp honey or swap with maple syrup for a vegan alt
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut flour
- 1/2-3/4 cup chocolate of choice
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all the ingredients together expect for the chocolate chips.
- Wet your hands before pinching off 1 tbsp size pieces of the mixture and forming an egg shape. Place it on a parchment lined plate and repeat. I made 8 eggs.
- Once done, place the pb eggs in the freezer to set. I left mine in overnight but 30 minutes should be fine.
- Once they’re ready, melt whichever chocolate you would like to use. I used both white chocolate and dark chocolate so I placed them in two small bowls and melted them in the microwave for about 40 seconds.
- After the chocolate is nice and melty, dip each egg into the chocolate – use a fork to help pull it out and tap off any excess chocolate. Place the egg back on the parchment paper and repeat with the remaining egg.
- Place back in the freezer to set. I love to keep mine frozen but they’ll stay well in the fridge too.
There may be affiliate links in this post! By purchasing a product I recommend, I may receive a small compensation. Remember peeps- I’m real AF and would only recommend products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for supporting me in my realness- you make my LIFE!